TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Joshie Offline
Just Myself
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joshh

Dry skin? - February 2nd 2010, 01:25 AM

Okay this isnt something i would normally talk about at all but since this is a support forumn. meh; who cares.

But anywho!

Ive been takeing the medication to kill acme [use to be bad but now only on my cheeks abit [face cheeks..]]
and the results of it are:

Dry skin
Cracked lips
other bad stuff but i cant remember.

So i would like to know;
1) How do you ladies keep your lips all uncracked and smoothe?
(please keep in mind im a guy.. so no like. MAGIC LIP GLOS! or w.e)
2) How can i keep my body skin from being red and cracked and stuff.
(my bicep, tricep, and lower fore-arms are redish and hurt abit from being so dry)
3) How can i hide this facial stuff without using like omni loads of crap. because i really cant do anything cause of the medicine..

I just finally want a pretty face to match my bod. thats all.

Thanks~
Josh.

Growing up is fun; So get out there and Experience new things.

JUST BE SAFE DURING ALL THIS FUN.
~Josh
  Send a message via MSN to Joshie  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: Dry skin? - February 2nd 2010, 01:37 PM

I use a cream all over my body called E45 cream, it's very good and really does stop my dry skin. You could always pop into your chemist and explain this to them, they could advise which cream is best.
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Dry skin? - February 2nd 2010, 05:09 PM

Any chapstick should help for your lips. I agree with Emma's suggestion of E45 Cream, I know people who use it a lot and find it very useful. Other than that, moisturizing your skin every morning and every night should definitely help keep it from drying out too much. Give the medication a chance to work on your skin and get into a good routine of cleaning your face twice a day.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Dry skin? - February 2nd 2010, 05:12 PM

Chapstick or vasaline for your lips (vasaline is the best, I think) and moisturiser for the rest of your body.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Dry skin? - February 2nd 2010, 05:16 PM

Aqueous cream is good (not sure if that how it spelt) i use Aqueous cream on my exzcema. palmers coca butter is also supposed to be good for dry skin. i no bio oil is good for untoned skin and i think you can use bio oil on dry skin aswell im not sure if you can. the other things you could try is bubble bath / shower gel with moisturising milk in it. or you could use baby bubble bath or baby oil. as for cracked lips vaseline is good for those, or a nivea lip balm might also work. chemists sometimes sell special things for dry skin and for cracked lips.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: Dry skin? - February 2nd 2010, 06:31 PM

Instructions:

1. Each day when you take your bath or shower, try to use lukewarm water. Hot water dries out the skin. Try to limit your time to fifteen minutes or less in the bath or shower. Bathing should be done no more than once a day. If you bathe too frequently you will remove the natural oils from the skin causing dryness.
  2. Avoid using harsh soaps that dry the skin. Recommended soaps are Dove, Olay and Basis. Even better than soap are skin cleansers such as Cetaphil Lotion, Oilatum-AD and Aquanil.
  3. Deodorant soaps are often very harsh and drying. If you need them, limit their use to areas that develop an odor such as the armpits, genital area, and feet.
  4. Avoid vigorous use of a washcloth in cleansing. When toweling dry, do not rub the skin. Blot or pat dry so there is still some moisture left on the skin.
  5. Next apply a moisturizer to the skin. The best time to do this is immediately after a bath or shower so that the moisturizer holds in the moisture from the shower. Choose either Cetaphil Cream, Moisturel Cream, or Eucerin Cream. If you have severely dry skin, apply an oil to the still moist skin such as Neutrogena Light Sesame Oil, Hermal Body Oil, Alpha-Keri Oil or Robathol, then apply a moisturizing cream and also apply the moisturizer at bedtime.
  6. All areas that are exposed to the sun, such as the face, ears, hands, and back of the neck should have a moisturizer containing sun block or a sunscreen of SPF 15 or greater applied daily.
  7. For laundry, use "All-free", "Tide-free" or "Cheer-free" detergents. Avoid using fabric softeners, especially in the dryer. Keep irritating fabrics away from your skin. Don't wear clothing made of wool or other "scratchy" fabrics. Use cotton percale sheets on your bed.
  8. Use a humidifier in your home during the central heating season. If sweating causes itching, modify your activity and surroundings to minimize sweating. Work and sleep in a fairly constant temperature (68-75o F) and humidity (45-55%). Remember to keep drinking plenty of water and other liquids to keep your skin moist from the inside, too.

Coco butter is a life saver it only works if you don't have cracks in the skin, otherwise it really hurts.

E45 is a really good cream too.

Just steer clear of purfumed creams and you should be fine.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Joshie Offline
Just Myself
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joshh

Re: Dry skin? - February 2nd 2010, 10:28 PM

Thanks Ladies!!!
all of this really helped
if you got more continue providing

Growing up is fun; So get out there and Experience new things.

JUST BE SAFE DURING ALL THIS FUN.
~Josh
  Send a message via MSN to Joshie  
Closed Thread