TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Hmm what could it be? - February 2nd 2010, 05:07 PM

I was on my period last week and around wednesday/thursday i started noticing some sort of irritation down there, just a bit of itching really. I assumed it was because i hadn't shaved down there in a while and it was umm... 'tickling' it's happened before.

Anyway i thought it would clear up over the weekend but it didn't. I think i know what might have caused it though. Before i was on the pill i used to have quite heavy periods, thus i had a few super absorbant tampons in my bag still. Anyway i ran out of smaller tampons and kept forgetting to put some more in my bag, so every time i changed my tampon at work i had to use a super tampon. I think because my period wasn't heavy enough to warrent using a super tampon it kinda absorbed everything else and made it a bit dry and upset the whole balance of things. This only occured to me the other day.

Anyway the symptoms i've had are: Itching, not really bad, i have scratched a couple of times but most of the time i can ignore it. Yellow-ish discharge, it has a smell as well, i'm not sure what of. It's not over powering or anything though, a bit of soreness, mainly over the weekend its not sore anymore really now.

So i thought it might be thrush, but i've never had it before so i don't really know. We had some caneston cream in the bathroom so i decided i may as well use it, used it for the first time on Sunday night, i think things are looking better down there. Still a bit itchy and still got the discharge but its not as bad as it was. Anyway i was looking at the caneston tube today and saw that it went out of date last year. I don't know if it's harmful or anything either if it's out of date, i wouldn't think so as they would give more warning to not use it once it gone out of date, right?

Would it still work if it's out of date? I think it has got better since i've been using it, but maybe its clearing up on it's own.

I'm just looking for advice really on what it could be, if it doesn't get better or gets worse i will go to the doctor. But i want to hear from people who've had something similar happen to me. It's kinda annoying really.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: Hmm what could it be? - February 2nd 2010, 06:35 PM

By the sounds of things it does sound like thrush, you wouldn't know for sure unless you went to a doctor, but that is embarrsing.

Depends on how many months it's out of date. I'd try and get to a chemist asap and buy canstan duo, the tabelts and the cream, they work wonders.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AlexDoubt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: Hmm what could it be? - February 3rd 2010, 12:23 AM

I'm not sure what it could be either. It seems to be a once-only thing. Perhaps you could call a local anonymous clinic? Most cities have one, and they'll give you some educated heath advice.

Good luck~!

Alex | Doubt1337

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Hmm what could it be? - February 3rd 2010, 09:43 AM

Thanks both of you. I'm going to go to Boots tonight to get some caneston duo, it's expensive but i just want this gone. It's not hugely impacting on anything, except sex but me and my boyfriend are going away over valentines weekend and i want it to be all sorted by then. If the caneston doesn't work then off to the doctors i go... *sigh*.

Closed Thread