TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
annaa. (: Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Anna,

Smile Back brace questions :] - February 5th 2010, 05:37 PM

i went to the hospital today, for x-rays etc. and the doctor said i need to have a backbrace for my scoliosis.
i'm having a plastic one, not any type of fabric.
(sorry about keeping details vauge, i dont know how to explain it all )
anyway, i have some questions :]

since i have to wear a t-shirt underneath the brace, where would i wear my bra? because im allowed to take the brace off for p.e, and it would be a bit akward taking it all off then putting it all on again, with my friends help.

whats the best colour to have? i either want white or skin colour. but im not sure.

they said i could build up my hours of wear-time. or it might get uncomfortable, any ideas?

thanks

"The only person standing in your way is you."
-Black Swan
  Send a message via MSN to annaa. (:  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Back brace questions :] - February 5th 2010, 05:51 PM

Hey Anna, I use to wear a back brace, and from what I remember, it was not fun. Anyways, I say go with the white because you can easily hide it. Can you get like a white sports bra? That is what I had to do for mine. From experience, back braces, are very uncomfortable after awhile. Deffinately listen to your body, if it starts to hurt, take it off and rest a bit. Good luck with it.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Back brace questions :] - February 6th 2010, 09:03 PM

hey there. i used to wear a back brace, mine was white and since i wear cami's (they are tank tops with thin bras built in) i wore it over my cami and under my shirt, my back got sweaty after a while, so you may want to build up your hours start off with a half hour if your still comfortable then try to go for a full hour. you should choose whatever color you feel is best, they can get to be annoying after a while. talk to your doctor about how long you should wear it the first day and what you should do if your in pain from the brace and how to make sure if your skin is in full contack with the brace, ask your doctor ways to keep your skin hydraded, and how to keep it from getting irritated. good luck my dear, FYI the first day at school with it on (if your wearing it to school) may be a little uncomfratable, just tll people you have scoliosis and you need to wear a brace. it sounds odd but walk with confidence with the brace on, if people see you with it on and see your confident people probably wont bug or tease you about it (i hope you dont get bugged or teased). good luck, best wishes. i hope the brace works wonderfully for you.
-Elizabeth
  Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
Closed Thread