TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Eh, my periods are a tad messed up.. - February 6th 2010, 08:33 PM

Basically, they seem to be all over the place lately. I'm been getting my period since I was 13 and while they've never really been regular at all, they've still been somewhat predictable and I've never had any problems. They've gone a bit weird lately though.

I had a period at the start of November and I didn't get another one until January 13th, which lasted until January 19th. But then my period started again last night, which seems really soon after my last one. It's really light this time and I have absolutely no cramps at all- I usually have extremely bad period pains and while I'm not complaining, it just seems odd.

I know lots of things can contribute to a change in your cycle, but the thing is, I haven't been stressed out or anything lately. I've been a lot calmer than usual this past month or so, I've been eating properly, I've been getting enough sleep, I've been exercising, I've been really healthy.

Sorry for the length of this.. but basically, should I be worried? Should I just wait a few more months and see how things go or should I just go to the doctor now? Any advice/thoughts welcome.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Eh, my periods are a tad messed up.. - February 6th 2010, 08:45 PM

Hey Nicola,

I don't think you have anything to be worried about. For whatever the reason was that you missed your period in December, it can make things a little weird for a month or two. Its all about hormones and if your hormones were out of balance in December, your body is just trying to get everything back on track basically. I'd say to wait until your next period, or the one after that. If things still seem off to you then definately go to the Dr.

You know your body better then anyone else. So in the end, if you think you need to see a Dr then go with ur gut. Worrying about your period can actually mess up your period.

Take care.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Eh, my periods are a tad messed up.. - February 6th 2010, 08:56 PM

Well, I'm going to tell you something right now. Your period is never really regular normally until you're like, in your 30's. I'm 22, and I'm taking birth control, despite not having sex, to regulate mine. Because I had something just like what you had happen, and it was annoying me, I just, went on the birth control so I'd be able to regulate it. That may be an option to look into, if your doctor can prescribe you something low-dose (assuming you're not sexually active, no need to take more than necessary).

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Eh, my periods are a tad messed up.. - February 6th 2010, 09:02 PM

I don't think you have anything to worry about if I'm honest. I've had my period for 6 years and they're still the least predictable thing since...a really unpredictable thing.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

Closed Thread