TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iDream Offline
Cartoon Junkie
Average Joe

Name: Kimberly

Stretch Marks - February 10th 2010, 07:57 PM

I've had stretch marks since I was 13 and have tried so many things to get rid of them or just make them lighter(used cocoa butter for a year when it first started and nothing happened). They're on my inner thighs and butt, which alwways makes me really insecure in the summer time(I've never been able to wear bikini bottoms, always board shorts).

It's weird because I have never been overweight or even had a sudden growth spurt; puberty was really slow for me but they still showed up. Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Got love?
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

Re: Stretch Marks - February 10th 2010, 08:26 PM

I suffer the same problem you do. I've tried many ointments, and most of the time, they just don't work. Unfortunatley, the best remedy is probably time. It's perfectly normal to have stretch marks and not be overweight or after having a growth spurt. I am also very insecure about stretch marks, the best thing to do would probably be to wear a cover-up over your bathing suit, or, like you already do, wear board shorts.

Bi-sexual and proud

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Stretch Marks - February 10th 2010, 08:32 PM

Anything over the counter will only make them less red, nothing will make them go away completely. The only thing that I know of that removes stretch marks is getting them lasered off. And that can be quite expensive. Just one of those things you have to live with. I know, it sucks. :/

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Stretch Marks - February 10th 2010, 08:38 PM

I've had the same problem for about three years =( I just keep my legs covered most of the time, with tights or leggings if I'm wearing a skirt, or with tracksuit bottoms for P.E. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any pills or medicines that can get rid of them. As for on in the summer, you could either keep them covered, or just do like I do and reasure yourself that anyone who's eye is caught by them isn't worth the worry =)

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#5 (permalink)) Old
iDream Offline
Cartoon Junkie
Average Joe

Name: Kimberly

Re: Stretch Marks - February 10th 2010, 08:38 PM

They're not as noticeable as they used to be; they used to be purplish but now they're just white... makes my butt look wrinkly. And it's so not. You'd think I'd be used to them by now, but they seem to bother me more and more. Being self conscious suuucks.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
faithhopelove Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Stretch Marks - February 22nd 2010, 04:35 AM

I have this too It actually helps hearing that other people have it too. I've always wondered why I would have stretch marks when I was never overweight or anything. I've always been super self conscious about my upper thighs and butt area so I wear shorts overtop of bathing suit bottoms too. I wish they would go away but from everything I've heard there is no way to really get rid of them other than laser which is WAY to expensive.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Stretch Marks - February 22nd 2010, 12:16 PM

As with everyone else, I have a similar thing! I've never been over weight, if anything I've been smaller than average. But on my bum and back of my thighs I have horrible purplely stretch marks, and I've got no idea why. I haven't done anything about them because I know nothing really would work. Ugh. But now I've noticed some slight marks on my breasts, which again is weird because they're not big, and haven't really grown!

I guess we just have to be confident and not care what people think

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Stretch Marks - February 22nd 2010, 04:59 PM

I have this too. They got better with time but they're still pretty bad, I don't think I'll ever accept them but I'm not really sure what you can do about them.

(RAH)≤ + (AH)≥ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)≤ + OOH + (LA)≤ = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nixie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: Stretch Marks - February 22nd 2010, 07:33 PM

I also have the same problem, but it was more likely due to the growth spurt I had when I was younger. I haven't really cared much for them lately--I kind of just accepted them and grew out of my insecurity. It's not like a guy is going to stop loving me because of my stretch marks. If it really gets that big of a deal when it comes to love-making, I'll do something to fix it then. But they do begin to become less noticeable over time. So that's something!

I want to get inside your mind;
I want you to expand mine.
  Send a message via MSN to Nixie  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Stretch Marks - February 22nd 2010, 07:54 PM

I have the same thing. Try not to worry too much. I'm sure they don't show up as much as you think. All I can say is to keep moisturising. It'll fix itself slowly, or at least get better

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Stretch Marks - February 23rd 2010, 09:50 PM

I have had stretch marks on my inner thighs since I was about 11.
I broke my leg and was in a cast for 13 weeks so I put on a a lot of weight, then when the cast came off I lost it very quickly leaving stretch marks.

Since then I have used Bio oil and they have gone from being purple/red to skin coloured. I don't know if it is time or the bio oil that has made the fade but something worked, it may have been a combination of the two. I would recommend trying bio oil though.

They are still there and you can feel them and see them if you look close enough but they have faded enough for me to be comfortable with them and they don't bother me the tiniest bit

http://www.bio-oil.com/en/stretch_marks/index.html

Last edited by Melody Pond; February 24th 2010 at 03:35 PM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: Stretch Marks - February 23rd 2010, 09:53 PM

My sister said that scar cream worked on her stretch marks.

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

(#13 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: Stretch Marks - February 24th 2010, 03:32 PM

Bio oil!, i read an article the other day, cant remember where though =\ where they said just any type of oil will do even like olive oil, just to keep the area mostiurzed, and prevent further stretch marks as well as the helping to fade the old ones, as everyone else said i dont think you can actually get rid of them (without lasersetc) the best advice i can give you is to accept them, prettymuch everyone has them, x

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

Closed Thread