TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 14th 2010, 09:59 PM

Sorry this is long...Ok so about two days ago I went to bed with pain in my right side but I didn't think it was anything I just thought I pulled something from working out...well I woke up in the middle of the night with savear side pain to the point I actually woke my mom up which I never do...I desided I would take a benadryl and mom gave me some aleve and said it was probably nothing....the next day my friend was to come over around 7am which she did cause me her and her bf where all suposed to go to the mall..but my side kept hurting so I told her I couldnt go n she was fine with it because she saw how much pain I was in....I slept from the time she left to the time my mom got home...i was pretty much fine after that except if you pushed on my right side it would hurt....so I went along normally and what not well this morning it was the same thing I was fine unless you pushed on my side....then I started to get dizzy when I stood up to the point I thought I was going to pass out I have no appitite but I did eat a small bit of chinese which didnt taste right to me I drank a pot of coffee so i though i might of been dehidrated so I am continusly drinking water which hasnt helped I feel completly weird...Im makeing a doctors appointment tommarow but I would like to know what you guys think as of now....because Im scared I havent even takein a much needed shower because Im scared Im going to actually pass out in the shower im haveing hot and cold chills I don't know what to do...advice will be appreciated thanks
~Kayla~

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

(#2 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rach

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 14th 2010, 11:49 PM

I dont think theres much we can say really. None of us can diagnose you.
get to the doctors! hopefully all will be fine.

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
holyz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 15th 2010, 03:58 AM

Yea. There is not mach to say. I am EMT and there is not much you can say with out seeing it. You said you work out so it might be that you pulled something or bruised a something. The doc will be able to tell you whats up.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 16th 2010, 11:07 AM

Although we can't diagnose you, I would say if it gets ANY worse, go to the hospital. Don't take my word on it, as I'm no doctor, but it sounds a little like appendicitis.
Tell us how it turns out?

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jiggi Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 17th 2010, 12:21 AM

Have you seen the doctor yet? Might sound odd but I had a really similar thing a week or so ago, except it was my left side. I also had really bad chest pains on my left side, and fainted outside mcdonalds. It was so embarassing! I just put it down to stress, as I've been making myself ill a lot through stress recently. But I'd be interested to hear what the doctor says.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 17th 2010, 12:45 AM

Yea I went to the doctors and its my appendix they made me go a few towns away to their er because there smarter then the one in my town but they didnt do anything because my white blood count was normal but they said that I should stay the night there but I refused and signed myself out and they said that if I have anymore pain I should go back right away...but im nit waiteing around for a long time there without eating, without ciggs and haveing clostraphobia and an iv pumping liquids threw me makeing me want to pee every 2 seconds not for me lol but it will probably eventually within the next few days have to come out...but hopefully there not to dumb to realize that before it bursts because they didnt comunicate with echother lol

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

(#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 17th 2010, 03:24 AM

urm, i think you should go back and get treated properly.. sounds like its only a matter of time before you'll need to get it out anyway so you're only really making things worse for yourself..?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 17th 2010, 10:48 AM

You need to go back if it hurts in the slightest bit at all. Or go to a different hospital if the doctors are not communicating. And there's a reason they won't let you eat or anything while there. If it is your appendix and you have to go in for surgery to have it out they can't do it (I'm sure they will if it's an emergency) when your stomach is full. You do not want that thing bursting, so I highly suggest you go back.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: Im scared I dont know whats going on - February 18th 2010, 03:02 AM

Yeah, I think you should go back. In my oppinion, i'd take an IV with fluids pumping into me over constant or severe pain, I had to go to the hospital for something different just over a week ago and they had to pump fluids into me for a couple of hours but trust me, I was glad to not have the pain or chills or fever I had before. Putting off getting treatment will make things a lot worse for you and treatment more intense and complicated I'm assuming, at least that's what I was told for what i had, i was told that if I'd went sooner and spoken up sooner that i wouldn't have had to have the IV with fluids and I would have just had antibiodics; but I waited and got the IV. So, go as soon as you can, you'll probably be saving yourself time and amount of treatment.
I hope you get better soon, let me know how things turn out for you.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Closed Thread