TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Spots? - February 27th 2010, 06:52 PM

I've always had a few spots every now and then, mainly on my forehead / nose / chin - tzone. But recently it's got really bad. I haven't changed my diet / routine / put on or lost weight / no increased stress etc. I've tried a few herbal things like evening primrose oil to try and stop them, as well as face washes / drinking loads of water etc. Any tips to stop them??

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Spots? - February 27th 2010, 07:12 PM

Hey Bryden,

It's good you've tried out a few things and it's good to persist with them for a while. Personally, I find that tea tree oil is very cleansing and helps prevent or help get rid of any spots. If your spots are really bothering you though, you could visit your doctor who may be able to give you some anti-biotics and/or cream for your skin. My doctor prescribed me Benzyl Peroxide which you can buy over the counter in a pharmacy, if you want to try that out.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Spots? - February 27th 2010, 08:08 PM

Drinking water definitely benefits your skin, as well as all your other organs (yes, the skin is an organ).

I actually have the same problem as you, except I think mine was worse (I say 'was' 'cause I'm on Erythromycin - a type of Penicillin - now). I've found that too much scrubbing with face washes and exfoliators can actually make the situation worse because it aggravates the skin and causes more spots.

Are you sure you're not more stressed than usual? Have you not had/got exams? Have you been touching your face a lot?

x

"You, and only you alone,
Can build a bridge across the stream..."

TeenHelper since 07/07/2005.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: Spots? - February 27th 2010, 08:49 PM

I've tried tea tree oil, but thanks for the suggestion Stephanie. I can't use it because it gives me a massive rash
I had exams a while ago, but didn't stress about them too much. I was in an amazing relationship, but it only broke off because he moved away, and I still talk to him all the time so that's not stressful. I'm actually happier than I've been in a long time tbh. Happiness can't cause spots can it
I don't touch my face a lot. I don't wear much make up either, and I'm really careful to take it off when I do.
I might try my doctor. I didn't know if they could give me anything, because it's not as bad as like acne or something ... thanks

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: Spots? - February 27th 2010, 09:11 PM

Sometimes you might be under stress from exams and relationship stuff changing and not really notice, or maybe your skin is behind on the times, lol. I break out a little during exam season, it's annoying. But, I think the best thing to do is to continue what you're doing--don't use anything harsh on your skin, drink plenty of water, and try not to get too stressed. Your skin will get with it soon enough

You could try washing your face less often, and using a plant oil? I like olive and coconut, especially coconut But every skin is its own way, so.. who knows.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

(#6 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Spots? - February 28th 2010, 11:18 AM

Too much scrubbing with abrasive products can be really damaging. I've had to learn the hard way, believe me it's not nice. My skin is permanently irritated now.
I advise you to just wash your skin ONCE a day in the evening with cotton wool balls soaked in warm water to open the pores and then splash your face with cold water to close them again. Afterwards moisturise with a moisturiser for your skin type and then try not to touch your face throughout the day. My skin is improving on this method and it's a good one as it includes little to no harsh chemicals such as alcohol.

Good luck

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Spots? - March 3rd 2010, 07:06 PM

I have the same problem.
It can get worse around your period.
But I just wash my face at night and in the morning.
Try going to the doctor?
They could perscribe you something.
I have tried a few things.
Then stopped and it went away on its own.
It was very weird.
Either way some birth control pills can help with it too. =P
Just some ideas.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
crmzchan Offline
Love is so painful...
Not a n00b

Re: Spots? - March 3rd 2010, 07:10 PM

I find what clears my skin is just not wearing make-up. My friends all say it's really clear, and all I do is keep my skin clean - no fancy products, no expensive moisturisers... quite the opposite actually

Holly Grogan, my friend, died 16.09.2009.
Goodbye, Holly.
May your smile light up the face of heaven.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Spots? - March 4th 2010, 08:39 PM

Hey there.
I have really bad spots, normally because of stress + periods. Its fun being a girl eh?!

Anyhow, i use these two products and find them rather helpful. Ive been to the docotrs and he put me on some stuff. Dont know what it was called, sorry. So i suggest if you find nothing that helps, see you're doctor and see if he/she can prescribe you anything.

Jess

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread