TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
maddi3xx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: maddie

weird seeping pattern? - February 28th 2010, 06:38 AM

my sleeping pattern is completely messed up. i wake up at usually 6:30 AM for school. and all day i'll be exhausted, and then when i'm ready to go to bed at like 10-11 i'm not tired anymore, and i can't sleep until like 1 AM. Then I have to wake up 5 and a half hours later and i'm exhausted again.

I don't understand how I'm tired all day except when I need to sleep.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: weird seeping pattern? - February 28th 2010, 06:54 PM

Make sure that, you log off all electrical things (Computers, phones, MP3 players etc) at least half an hour before bed!! An hour is normally better!

Make sure you refrain from all caffine based food products before bed too - no chocolate or coffee! Caffine makes you awake!! Relaxing before bed can help (Reading, a massage etc). And finally, try and make sure you use up all your energy during the day! Try some extra exercise to trie you out, this will make you sleep better at night - and eventually after a week of this you will have developed a more regular sleep pattern.

I hope this helps,
Take Care,
Claire

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: weird seeping pattern? - February 28th 2010, 06:54 PM

Hello, miss.

I would say that you are definitely not getting enough sleep, but you have already concluded that. I am sure you are already aware of this, but when you do not sleep enough, neurons in your cerebral cortex cannot function properly which causes potentially serious problems in muscles, and major organs. But I doubt that will happen, as five hours is a mediocre amount.
I understand what you mean by being tired in the day, but not at night. That used to happen to me. I suggest a few things to you, and a lot of these, I have tried.
If you wish to try and go to sleep earlier, I suggest small changes everyday. What I am referring to is, try going to bed 15 minutes earlier. Start with whatever time you usually do, and then work your way down. This will help your body get used to sleeping earlier. Another thing I have found useful, is chiropractic services. Many times, you do not realize what is happening with your bones, muscles, and nerves. I used to get only two hours at the most of sleep every night. I did not realize how much stress it causes. My back started getting stressed, causing my neck muscles to tighten up, which caused migraines. My father took me to my primary care doctor, and he referred me to a chiropractor. My body is much better now. Maybe you could try that? It helps to have you bones and muscles in line.
Also, sometimes if your bed or pillow is not comfortable, it makes it very hard to sleep. Have you tried sleeping in another bed, or getting a more comfortable pillow? I know this may sound 'dumb', but it is true. You should try it. Also, relaxation techniques are very useful. You should lay in your bed, and relax your feet, until they are COMPLETELY relaxed, then move up to your ankles, etc. The whole process takes up to 3 hours. That puts me to sleep. I would not suggest counting sheep. If all else fails, see a doctor.
I hope I helped. Take care, miss.

-Apollo.

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
maddi3xx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: maddie

Re: weird seeping pattern? - March 2nd 2010, 08:22 PM

thank you both
i'll try these tips and let you know if it works!

Closed Thread