TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Question Sleep!!! - February 28th 2010, 01:26 PM

I'm just continuing the post I made last night.

I didnt get to sleep until 7:00am then I woke up at 11:45 so 4 hours 45 mintues sleep....though I am really tired cause I was awake for 23 hours with no sleep at all.

My sleeping is really annoying me now. I have had a week or so of restless, disturbed sleep and now I cant sleep at all. It is leaving me constantly tired. Unable to concentrate which is affecting ym school work and means that I am getting really angry at everything and everybody.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get off to sleep quicker and easier? Advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Sleep!!! - February 28th 2010, 03:50 PM

Hey there Elizabeth,

I've moved this thread to General Health as I believe you will be able to get more appropriate replies here. If you disagree, feel free to PM me.

Relaxation exercises can be very helpful for trying to get to sleep, my therapist taught me some of the techniques [here] and as well as helping me to destress, they have actually helped me to get to sleep. If you try these out every night and follow a routine such as having a warm bath and then a hot milky drink before you sleep, it could really help.

Exercising during the day can be helpful, but make sure it's not in the evening and also remember to try and cut out any caffeine or other stimulants in the evening as they can also prevent you from getting to sleep.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Sleep!!! - February 28th 2010, 11:01 PM

Perhaps you are drinking or eating something before bed that you shouldn't, anything with sugar of caffeine in it can do that.
Maybe try a glass of milk, that always helps me go to sleep. Try sleeping earlier, like going to bed earlier.
If you still have troubles you can talk to your doctor and see what they have to say about it, if they can give you anything.

Closed Thread