TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DreamingTonight Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mikayla Jay.

Trouble finds me - March 16th 2010, 01:32 AM

I go to a catholic school and my grades have been terrible for this year. Constant F's. Im fixing myself up and trying to do better for as a last chance in our trimester now. Im trying hard and i feel like im doing good. But one thing...I got a detention. Last week, I had a guardian teacher meeting for an artistic nude picture that was found in the trash by a supposed not snooping science teacher. I was suspended for a day. I am not a girl who gets out of line or even lifts her head to an adult,only when spoken to. I keep my head down,stay quiet,and do my work. Trouble seems to find me though...And its making me insane. Friday, I threw a bag of carrots to my friend (we eat in our homerooms) and hit the lunch monitor mom by accident. She told my homeroom teacher now she gave me a referal for causing a food fight...i was the only one trying to pass my food on. I shook it off since it was no big deal. This teacher also wants to talk to my guardian about hygiene...which has been going on for a few months and they just never met. I am well kept and HAVE NO IDEA what thats about but im scared. Im very worried about all this. Its just stressing me out. I feel like she hates me. My relationship with my other teachers is getting better since they see im trying i think,but she HATES me. She says my name with digust sometimes...I hate being picked on and just want to be appreciated. Im shy with teachers,but the most funny,outgoing girl with my friends. So Today,Monday, I forgot to get the referal signed and now have a detention...i mean i forgot over the WEEKEND. I spent a day at my friends house after school friday and saturday was my boyfriend and I's alone time and movie time. Sunday we just slept all day. No idea why haha. But I just wasnt even thinking about it. Im scared of showing my guardians the detention thing...but I NEVER act out. Im quiet and respectful. Not only do i need a replacement phone since my phones fried,but i need tickets that ive told them about for a year before April 1st. What can i do to calm myself down and why am I soooo fearful and worried? Please help a stressful teen out.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Trouble finds me - March 17th 2010, 10:07 PM

Hey There!
I bet you might feel just a bit better after typing all of that out. It's always great to get bottled up feelings out.
Stress is certainly common for the teenage years. I'm sorry that all of this is happening to you, and stressing you out. It seems like a lot for you to handle. One thing though, it WILL pass. This stress you're feeling now isn't going to stay around forever.
When I get stressed I try to remind myself to live one day at a time. It's important to remind yourself that you can't change the past, and they shouldn't bother you, and that you can't control the future so you shouldn't worry about it, just live in the moment, and take things as they come. That can help handle some of the stress your dealing with.
You should also try some other tactics to deal with stress. You should check out the alternatives to self harm stickie in the self harm forum, they have so many activities listed that you can do that will help you not stress out so much. There is so much stuff there, that I'm sure you'll find something. As for me, I love colouring, and drawing as a stress reliever, maybe that's your thing, maybe it's not, it's all up to you.
Now, as far as your grades go, you just really have to focus on those. Maybe use that to help you get your mind off of the situations you found yourself in. Show to everyone that you are capable of many things, and you are special and can turn yourself around. Prove yourself to them. So really focus on those grades.
As far as that one teacher goes, what you need to realise is that you will have people in your life that love you and hate you, and you can't let those who hate you, bother you. It's easier said than done, but she won't be in your life forever. You'll grow up, go to a different school, and live your own life. Just stay strong.
I really hope this helped a bit. I'm sorry you're in such situations, please stay strong, and please take care of yourself. Good luck.

Closed Thread