TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 28th 2010, 08:49 AM

Stretch marks are a pain in the ass lol.
so im just wondering how many of you guys have them? and where?
i have them bad as on my hips and a few on my boobs, it makes me feel really in secure, i mean im [Edited by Konstantine - Removing clothing sizes] (pair shape). if its not vain to say i think i am decent looking, but i get really insecure about my weight. im now [Edited by Konstantine - Removing weight numbers] and about 5'6/ 5'7 tall.
so my questions are: how do you get rid of Stretch marks?
What is a healthy but affective way to lose weight, fast (im just healing from an ankle injury so i am not allowed to run yet.) Is There Any Diets that are fast effective but safe???

bekaxxx
hugs for all

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

Last edited by Prozac; April 28th 2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Removing numbers. Please review our Terms of Service.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 28th 2010, 12:53 PM

I have stretch marks on my boobs, underarms and tummy. I've gone back and forth between thin and *ahem* not-so-thin many times. Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of them, but after time they will lighten up and not be all the noticeable. I use lotion that has sunless tanner in it and it really seems to fill them in quite nicely.

As for diet, there are so many crash diets out there that will get the weight off quick, but as soon as you go off of it the weight comes right back on. The best way to go about it is just eat healthy and exercise Make it a lifestyle change. I fill up on veggies and fruit with every meal. I never go hungry... I just eat whats good for me. Steer clear of fat, calories, sugar, carbs and sodium, and have tons of protein, fiber, and whole grains. I also eat chicken just about everyday. Or if I am craving beef, I use ground turkey and make a turkey burger (100% whole wheat bun of course!). I ride an exercise bike everyday, then I do crunches and leg exercises. You can probably find some that avoid your injury using google. Oh, and drink lots and lots of water!!

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 28th 2010, 04:13 PM

Use bio-oil on them to help them fade. I do have a few on my hips because i was put on steroids a while ago and put on weight really fast.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 28th 2010, 05:13 PM

I have them on my sides. I have a little other places. But I really don't care about them. I have a huge scar on my back, so It just adds to it I guess.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 28th 2010, 06:04 PM

I went through a huge growth spurt a few years ago and my inner thighs and hips got a few stretch marks on them. I didn't like them at all.
I started using Palmer's Cocoa Butter (it's not only for preventing stretch marks, but for eliminating the look of them. It helped them appear less noticeable, I can barely tell that they're there anymore.
Bio-Oil, like Elle suggested, will work as well.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 28th 2010, 06:16 PM

I have some on my hips, because even though I'm petite I'm an hourglass / very slightly pear shaped. Massive hips :/ They used to be really bad, but I use cocoa butter (Palmers, it's REALLY cheap) and they're now just like tiny white lines ...

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#7 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 28th 2010, 07:32 PM

thanks guys, i'll try take this on, coco butter now that just sounds yummy lol nomnomnom.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
JenniferxMarie Offline
alone.
Average Joe

Name: Jenn

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 29th 2010, 04:36 AM

I have them on my stomache from when I gained a lot of weight when I was younger. I use coco butter to try and reduce the appearence.

Jennifer Marie
"learn how to apologize, learn how to say
'i love you' to someone other than your cat
and mean it, learn how to express yourself,
learn how to smile a "fuck you"
regardless of the outdated traditions,
the talentless critics or what is fashionable or give up."

Send a message via MSN to JenniferxMarie  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - April 29th 2010, 09:56 PM

I'm fairly skinnyish but I think i still have some on my hips and bum Vitamin E can help, as can Bio-Oil and Cocao Butter like the others have said (:

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 2nd 2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
As for diet, there are so many crash diets out there that will get the weight off quick, but as soon as you go off of it the weight comes right back on. The best way to go about it is just eat healthy and exercise Make it a lifestyle change. I fill up on veggies and fruit with every meal. I never go hungry... I just eat whats good for me. Steer clear of fat, calories, sugar, carbs and sodium, and have tons of protein, fiber, and whole grains. I also eat chicken just about everyday. Or if I am craving beef, I use ground turkey and make a turkey burger (100% whole wheat bun of course!). I ride an exercise bike everyday, then I do crunches and leg exercises. You can probably find some that avoid your injury using google. Oh, and drink lots and lots of water!!
>Implying fat makes you fat
>Implying whole grains, which are a substantial source of carbs and generally an inferiour source of nutrients compared to vegetables/fruits (especially on a per calorie basis), should be a large staple of a weight loss diet.
>Implying (probably) that crunches burn fat on your stomach.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
topov Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rach

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 3rd 2010, 10:56 PM

I have stretch marks on my feet (yes I know odd) and I found cocoa butter has really helped.

Ticklish Tattoo!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 4th 2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
>Implying fat makes you fat
>Implying whole grains, which are a substantial source of carbs and generally an inferiour source of nutrients compared to vegetables/fruits (especially on a per calorie basis), should be a large staple of a weight loss diet.
>Implying (probably) that crunches burn fat on your stomach.
Umm... are you implying I'm wrong? Bad fat does make you gain weight, whole grains flush out your body (not saying the are nutritious) and are great for digestion, and I've been doing crunches for some time and have noticed a significant amout of weight loss and tightening up on my stomach. What are you trying to prove?

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 6th 2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Umm... are you implying I'm wrong?
Yes.

Quote:
Bad fat does make you gain weight
Taking in more calories than you burn makes you gain weight.

Quote:
whole grains flush out your body (not saying the are nutritious)
What do you mean "flush out your body"?

Quote:
and are great for digestion
How so?

Quote:
and I've been doing crunches for some time and have noticed a significant amout of weight loss and tightening up on my stomach.
1. It probably built up the muscle a bit, which would make it seem "tighter".

2. During that time you probably lost weight due to a calorie deficit. Therefore this information is about as useful as "I started playing the saxaphone, therefore playing the saxaphone makes you lose weight". Correlation =/= causation.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 6th 2010, 03:35 AM

Cutting down on fats and junk food is okay, cutting them out of your diet completely is not. Your body needs all sorts of things, including calories, sugar, carbs, and fats. Especially calories, calories=enegry. Eating everything in moderation is bettert than cutting somethings out completely.

As for stretch marks, bio oils works magic, and most scar reducers should work.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 6th 2010, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas* View Post
Cutting down on fats and junk food is okay, cutting them out of your diet completely is not. Your body needs all sorts of things, including calories, sugar, carbs, and fats. Especially calories, calories=enegry. Eating everything in moderation is bettert than cutting somethings out completely.
Your body doesn't really need sugar, and can do fine without much carbs as well.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 6th 2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yes.

Taking in more calories than you burn makes you gain weight.

What do you mean "flush out your body"?

How so?

1. It probably built up the muscle a bit, which would make it seem "tighter".

2. During that time you probably lost weight due to a calorie deficit. Therefore this information is about as useful as "I started playing the saxaphone, therefore playing the saxaphone makes you lose weight". Correlation =/= causation.
First, I just want to say... this is not the current events and debate forum. I do not need to provide you with facts and statistics to back up my argument. This girl was asking for advice on healthy diets... I simply told her what I've been doing that works for me (and it has... crunches and all. I did just have a kid, so I enjoy tightening up my tummy). You can't argue that fruits, veggies, and lean meat are not healthy. I'm not her dietitian. I was giving her suggestions, she can take them or leave them.

Moving on... eating foods high in fat means you are eating foods high in calories. Every gram of fat = [xxx] calories. [xxx] gram of protein = [xxx] calories. Every carb = [ xxx] calories (for me this includes carbs from whole grain foods. I agree carbs from "white" foods... white breads, potatoes, white rice... have no health benefits). If you are eating foods high in fat for every meal you probably aren't going to burn more calories than you eat in a day.

Whole grains are packed full of fiber. The main benefit of fiber when dieting is that it helps you feel full longer. As stated before, they are less calorie dense than fatty foods (less calories, same amount of food). By "flush out your body" I mean they help with regular bowel movements. They help clear toxins out of your colon and intestines because they are high in antioxidants. This entails being healthy.

I'm not sure what you have against crunches... maybe I'm not specifically burning calories in my stomach, but I'm burning them. And if its going to help tighten up those muscles, then great. Same reason I chose to ride my bike... to work on tightening up my legs while also being a great way to burn calories.

Last edited by Pandamonium; May 6th 2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: No weight numbers

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 6th 2010, 11:42 PM

Please keep in mind the original purpose of this thread. If you disagree with what someone is saying, send them a PM or VM and discuss it there. Thanks!
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 7th 2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
Please keep in mind the original purpose of this thread. If you disagree with what someone is saying, send them a PM or VM and discuss it there. Thanks!
Well isn't the original purpose of the thread for OP to find out what a healthy diet entails? If so then surely it makes more sense to point it out when someone gives incorrect advice in the thread where OP can see it, as opposed to in private, right?

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 9th 2010, 12:05 AM

i have them on my sides too.
but i dont really care about them.

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 12th 2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
First, I just want to say... this is not the current events and debate forum. I do not need to provide you with facts and statistics to back up my argument.
It doesn't need to be a particular forum for it to be a reasonable request for people to not make unfounded, incorrect claims and pass them off as fact.

Quote:
This girl was asking for advice on healthy diets... I simply told her what I've been doing that works for me (and it has... crunches and all. I did just have a kid, so I enjoy tightening up my tummy).
You probably were running a calorie deficit at the time.

Quote:
You can't argue that fruits, veggies, and lean meat are not healthy.
When did I?

Quote:
Moving on... eating foods high in fat means you are eating foods high in calories. Every gram of fat = [xxx] calories. [xxx] gram of protein = [xxx] calories. Every carb = [ xxx] calories
Then you just don't be an idiot and consume as many grams of fat and expect to create a calorie surplus. Not to mention fats are less dense and are typically digested more slowly, making it pretty unreasonable to claim that eating x grams of fat has the same "feel" as eating x grams of carbs.

Quote:
If you are eating foods high in fat for every meal you probably aren't going to burn more calories than you eat in a day.
Probably if you take no notice of serving sizes, and you're probably going to fail at losing weight regardless of your macronutrient ratios if your approach to dieting is "huurr I'll eat as much as I want".

Quote:
Whole grains are packed full of fiber. The main benefit of fiber when dieting is that it helps you feel full longer.
Many vegetables have higher levels of fiber for a given amount of calories, so the argument you need wholegrains for fiber is moot.

And for the record, fat has the same effect on slowing absorbtion of food.

Quote:
As stated before, they are less calorie dense than fatty foods (less calories, same amount of food).
Grains are hardly low in calories themselves.

Quote:
By "flush out your body" I mean they help with regular bowel movements.
Like anything else with fiber. And anyway, unless you are actually having issues with your bowel movements, there's no real reason to get crazy over fiber intake.

Quote:
They help clear toxins out of your colon and intestines because they are high in antioxidants.
Firstly I'm fairly sure antioxidants are absorbed during digestion and distributed through your entire body, not just dumped straight through with the hope some will touch a couple or organs, but whatever.

Secondly, compared to vegetables and many fruits, in the same way as with fiber, grains are quite calorie dense for any given amount of antioxidants or other micronutrients. If the label says otherwise, it's probably fortified and OP should just cut out the unnecessary grains and invest in a multivitamin.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you have against crunches.
I don't have anything against crunches as such, my problem is with people who think doing crunches is going to burn off their stomach fat.

Quote:
maybe I'm not specifically burning calories in my stomach, but I'm burning them.
So if you concede burning overall calories is the goal, why not advocate a much more efficient form of cardio?

Quote:
And if its going to help tighten up those muscles
You can't "tone" muscle. You can only build it, strengthen it, or lose fat above it (and you can't lose that fat in only one area either).

Quote:
Same reason I chose to ride my bike... to work on tightening up my legs
See above.

Quote:
while also being a great way to burn calories.
Not "also", this actually is a good form of cardio, so the only reason I can see that you supposedly bike for your legs and do crunches for your stomach is that you're still holding onto some absurd notion of spot reduction.

Also WTF? Weight numbers are banned when discussing quantities of food? For the purposes of comparing the calorie density of various macronutrients? Are you fucking kidding me teenhelp?

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 12th 2010, 12:31 PM

Like I said, she can take it or leave it. My diet advice is not wrong because its different from yours (with the exception of the crunches burning calories in that particular area, but I will continue to do them to "strengthen", "build" and "lose fat above" those muscles.) I'm practicing the advice I've given while also getting results from the exact suggestions I gave. I've done my research, and have made the right dieting decisions to suite my lifestyle.

I bet many others, like myself, can't make the choice to basically give up carbs. Since I didn't want to give them up, I found a healthier substitute to carbs from white foods. Besides the benefit of fiber and antioxidants, it has other benefits pertaining to heart health. If you want sources, facts, statistics... its not that hard to type "benefits of eating whole grains" into Google.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 12th 2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas* View Post

As for stretch marks, bio oils works magic, and most scar reducers should work.
This is true. Everything that we consume breaks down the same way. An apple or skittles breakdown in your body the same exact way. I don't remember how exactly, at the time my ED clinic explained this I was only partially listening, so you can eat anything in moderation. Moderation is key.

Your body needs sugar because sugar = a starch and everything breaks down the same so whether you have an apple or a packet of skittles or whet else it is going to breakdown in the same way and supply your body with the sugar it needs.

As for the OP's question; having stretch marks does not imply that you are fat or anything. There are quite a few healthy people out in the world who have stretch marks. Stretch marks are simply your body growing in height or weight or whatever else.

I have heard the best way to reduce them etc was maderma or bio oil.

But in all reality, you can't get rid of them completely so try and just love your body for everything that it is.

Best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#23 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 12th 2010, 11:00 PM

I have stretch marks on my inner thighs. I just recently got them and it has made me SO much more self conscious than i already am. So I found this really helpful to know what I might be able to use to reduce their appearance.
Also for what Jenna said about stretch marks not meaning that you are getting fat-- that kinda calmed my mind a little. I know that appearance wise and clothing wise I havnt changed but I was beginning to worry because of the marks.
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 13th 2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Like I said, she can take it or leave it.
That sounds like a bit of a copout to be honest.

Quote:
My diet advice is not wrong because its different from yours
We're saying different things, so only one of us can be correct. What constitutes a healthy diet isn't a case of "hooray, everyone's a winner!"

Quote:
with the exception of the crunches burning calories in that particular area
Wait are you saying they do or don't?

Quote:
but I will continue to do them to "strengthen", "build" and "lose fat above" those muscles.
Spot reduction doesn't exist, so they won't cause you to "lose fat above" them any more than they will in other areas, and will do so far less effectively than more effective ways of burning calories.

Quote:
I'm practicing the advice I've given while also getting results from the exact suggestions I gave.
I've never said you couldn't lose weight from your suggestions, because after all, weight loss ultimately boils down to calories in vs. calories out. I'm just claiming that your suggestions are not ideal.

Quote:
I bet many others, like myself, can't make the choice to basically give up carbs. Since I didn't want to give them up, I found a healthier substitute to carbs from white foods.
Which would be great if you advice was merely "if you find it impossible to give up carbs, try to eat whole grains as opposed to processed grains", but that isn't what you said. What you said was, and I quote;
Quote:
have tons of... whole grains.
This isn't just recommending a healthier substitute, this is simply advocating eating large quantities of carbs with relatively low nutrition compared to many vegetables/fruits.

Quote:
Besides the benefit of fiber and antioxidants
Which, as I've pointed out, should instead be gained from vegetables and fruits for a considerably less carb heavy dose of fiber and antioxidants.

Quote:
it has other benefits pertaining to heart health. If you want sources, facts, statistics... its not that hard to type "benefits of eating whole grains" into Google.
The only sources I found specified the benefits as either stemming from the fiber and micronutrient (i.e. vitamins, minerals etc.) content, which like I've said many times can be better gained from fruits and vegetables, or from inane comparisons like "consumption of whole grains is good for your health compared to processed grain consumption", which is a bit like saying "consumption of McDonalds is good for you compared to consumption of KFC". It's meaningless except in the case I've already addressed where it displaces some unaviodable intake of grains, which is currently made up by the processed kind, but this isn't what you're advocating, you're just advocating someone trying to lose weight focus on eating craploads of carbs relatively low in nutritional value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jenna~ View Post
This is true. Everything that we consume breaks down the same way. An apple or skittles breakdown in your body the same exact way.
That doesn't mean that one isn't crap and the other one actually has some nutritional benefits.

Quote:
I don't remember how exactly, at the time my ED clinic explained this I was only partially listening, so you can eat anything in moderation. Moderation is key.
It doesn't mean that your goal should necessarily include crap if it can be avoided.

Quote:
Your body needs sugar because sugar = a starch
No.

Quote:
everything breaks down the same so whether you have an apple or a packet of skittles or whet else it is going to breakdown in the same way and supply your body with the sugar it needs.
Your body doesn't need the sugar. What it does need are the micronutrients, which are rich in fruits and non-existant in candy.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 13th 2010, 06:20 AM

Frosty, you are entitled to your opinion but the point is, people can still lose weight, get healthy etc and eat fast food and candy if it is in moderation. Not trying to debate because that is not the purpose of the thread but the OP wanted, I believe tips about dieting. Well, the truth is you don't have to 'diet' you can make healthy choices.

The rule is 80% good 20% 'bad'. Basically pick two meals out of the week and you can eat Mcdonald's or Ice cream etc. And, you can even incorporate say, ice cream into your daily meal plan. 1/2 cup of ice cream = A dairy and a fat. people have a certain amounts of fats and dairy and protein and starches that they need. If you want to have skittles or a chocolate bar or whatever else, do it just try to include it in your meal plan. I ate this way and I didn't gain weight I lost weight.

Here is the thing when a person get's a craving for ice cream or Mcdonalds and they put it off they end up craving it and craving it until they finally crack and get it. When they do crack they end up eating more then they need to and not listening to hunger and fullness levels etc. People gorge and then feel guilty and make plans to eat healthier. Just don't 'restrict'.

Here is what I do, when I am following my meal plan, I set up my meals. I say:

Breakfast:

One (Whole) English muffin
2 eggs
Glass of milk or some cheese
Little butter (teaspoon = 1 fat)
an orange or an apple

Snack:

Cottage Cheese
Strawberries

Lunch:

2 oz Sausage
2 1/3 cup of pasta
2 Cups broccoli
Little butter

Snack:

1 whole pudding cup
1 whole banana
1/3 cup granola

Dinner:

Mac and cheese (microwave kind)
4 pieces of bacon
Broccoli

Snack:

Pudding
Granola

Now, I would plan out the meals like this and then I would set aside two days, say Thursday and Sunday (One meal a day, say dinner thursday and lunch sat), to eat things like Mcdonalds, burger king, other restaurants.

And, if I could I would, during the week incorporate cheesecake, cake, snickers and other sweets into my meal plan because a starch is a starch is a starch and it will not kill you or harm you in MODERATION.

That is the key, moderation. So many people take moderation above and beyond. Don't restrict, make healthy choices, include fruits and veggies into your meal plan along with starches and fats and what not.

If you eat according to what your body needs and wants you should be fine.

I know, eating the way I did in the past was probably one of the only times I didn't have urges to binge because I was supplying my body with what it WANTED and NEEDED.

If you have any other questions feel free to pm me. This all might seem confusing and what not so if there is anything you want clarified just send me a pm and I would be happy to help.

Best of luck and just try to be happy with yourself. The rest will fall into place.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Stretch marks/ heaalthy diets? - May 13th 2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Frosty, you are entitled to your opinion but the point is, people can still lose weight, get healthy etc and eat fast food and candy if it is in moderation.
That doesn't mean that seemingly implying there is no difference between fruit and candy because "they both have sugar" isn't misleading and potentially harmful.

Quote:
The rule is 80% good 20% 'bad'. Basically pick two meals out of the week and you can eat Mcdonald's or Ice cream etc.
Personally I'd reccommend keeping "cheat meals" as more of a random thing i.e. don't plan to stuff down some piece of crappy fast food a few times a week at set meals, but allow yourself some leeway for when such things might fit in better (i.e. going out with friends on the weekend or something).

Quote:
And, you can even incorporate say, ice cream into your daily meal plan. 1/2 cup of ice cream = A dairy and a fat.
And a lot of unnecessary sugar and not much going for it in terms of nutritional value. Try something like yogurt with berries instead.

Quote:
people have a certain amounts of fats and dairy and protein and starches that they need.
Fats: Of course, but it's foolish to extrapolate "we need fat" into "throw down some McDonalds and icecream a few times a week to make up your fat quota".

Dairy: Well we don't need it, but we shouldn't avoid it either. Are you implying it's bad?

Quote:
And, if I could I would, during the week incorporate cheesecake, cake, snickers and other sweets into my meal plan because a starch is a starch is a starch and it will not kill you or harm you in MODERATION.
You keep repeating starch over and over again in your posts as though that makes these foods healthy or equivalent to other foods.

Closed Thread