TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Talking Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 9th 2009, 11:43 PM

I know there are a lot of people out there with intestinal problems. Whether it's just a temporary issue or if it's in for the long run there are people out there with something. >> So I was just wondering if there was anyone on here who wants to share and sympathize.

I have Ulcerative Colitis- and I'm just 15 (Got diagnosed last October). It's basically a genetic issue with my colon. I get to take medicine for the rest of my life to keep it in remission. It's really not so bad, it's just annoying to take the meds. You can either take 4 pills a day, or take suppositories (or as me and my family like to call them, 'rectal rockets')

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 10th 2009, 11:18 AM

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and have had it for the last 12 years of my life. Unfortunatly there is nothing that I can take to help it so I've had to put incredible restrictions on myself. There's nothing I can do, so I've got to live with it and hope for a cure!

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

-jwh

(#3 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 10th 2009, 05:53 PM

I have IBS, lymphocytic colitis, and mesenteric lymphadenitis, as well as several other issues we suspect but are currently in testing for. I have inflammatory diseases and autoimmune disorders that make intestinal and gastic issues worsen. So I definitely know where you're coming from.

What treatments are they giving you?

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ShaunHellend Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shaun Hellend

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 10th 2009, 05:55 PM

I find that because I dont move around much, when I do, I get severe stomach cramps
  Send a message via AIM to ShaunHellend Send a message via MSN to ShaunHellend  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 10th 2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowningangel View Post
I have IBS, lymphocytic colitis, and mesenteric lymphadenitis, as well as several other issues we suspect but are currently in testing for. I have inflammatory diseases and autoimmune disorders that make intestinal and gastic issues worsen. So I definitely know where you're coming from.

What treatments are they giving you?
Wow- that's quite a bit there. What's lymphocytic colitis and mesenteric lymphadenitis?

They call me in every 6 months or so. I'm on suppositories (Canasa) and they work really well, but they're always the backlash in the morning. -_- stupid excess meds that didn't get absorbed.

Anyway. I had to go through a colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and the pill cam to figure out what all was wrong with me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 12th 2009, 06:21 PM

Lymphocytic colitis - Mayo Clinic:

Quote:
Collagenous colitis and lymphocytic colitis are inflammatory conditions of the colon that cause chronic, nonbloody, watery diarrhea. Some researchers believe that collagenous colitis and lymphocytic colitis are different phases of the same condition rather than separate conditions.
Both collagenous colitis and lymphocytic colitis are sometimes referred to collectively asmicroscopic colitis — because the diagnosis is confirmed by microscopic examination. Collagenous colitis and lymphocytic colitis are more prevalent in older adults. Collagenous colitis is more common in women than in men.
Mesenteric lymphadenitis - Mayo Clinic :

Quote:
Lymph nodes are collections of cells that play a key role in your body's ability to fight off illness. In mesenteric lymphadenitis, the lymph nodes in a membrane that attaches your intestine to your abdominal wall (mesentery) become inflamed — usually as a result of an intestinal infection.
Mesenteric lymphadenitis occurs mainly in children and teens and often mimics the signs and symptoms of appendicitis. Unlike appendicitis, however, mesenteric lymphadenitis is seldom serious and clears on its own in a few days or weeks.

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

(#7 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 16th 2009, 04:08 AM

Ooh, I see. They sound manageable though. Which is a good thing.

I can't really run anymore because my UC acts up. A lot of mucus deposits.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 16th 2009, 07:10 AM

I have a hiatal hernia: It's basically like my stomach pushed through into my esophagus, and so the acid can just come up into my mouth from my stomach. So I can't eat a lot of foods, which can stink sometimes. But I cheat!! I eat chocolate everyday I hope to get surgery someday, so I don't have to deal with it anymore.. but hey, it'll be okay.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Anyone else have intestinal problems? - February 17th 2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost-myself View Post
I have a hiatal hernia: It's basically like my stomach pushed through into my esophagus, and so the acid can just come up into my mouth from my stomach. So I can't eat a lot of foods, which can stink sometimes. But I cheat!! I eat chocolate everyday I hope to get surgery someday, so I don't have to deal with it anymore.. but hey, it'll be okay.
Lol, ooh, sounds fun in a weird way. Not saying it's a good thing, but it definately would make for an interesting conversation.

Surgery for my issue would mean to get my colon removed and have a sort of sack as a relacement...it's just better to take rectal rockets the rest of my life than that.

Closed Thread