TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fronybony Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Benjamin Efron

Sleep to much? - May 4th 2010, 05:24 AM

Hello, and thank you ahead of time for your help

For a while now i have been constantly tired throughout my day no matter how much sleep i get. However i have an odd schedule. I play (american) football for my school, and after the season ended we started weight lifting, (i had been weight lifting previous to this year, so i don't think that's the source of my problems.) Because baseball also lifts, it is hard to get into the weight room after school. So, for a reliable weight lifting schedule we lift before school. We already start fairly early for a high school, at 7.30 am. weight lifting starts at 6.00 am and to get there on time i have to be up at 5.00 am. The bonus however, is that because football would be my 6th period, and we have 5 periods, lunch, 6th period, i get to go home at 1.00 pm. When i get home however i fall asleep for around 3 hours, and even as much as 5 hours. i then do my homework, and manage to get to sleep between 10.00 to 12.00, depending on my h/w load.

on this schedule, i generally get around 8 - 9 hours of sleep, 10 - 12 on good days. But no matter how much i sleep, i am tired throughout my day, and lose all my energy around 4th period, at 10.00 am.

Any possible reasons for this? anything i can do to get more energy?

thanks for your time

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: Sleep to much? - May 4th 2010, 08:10 PM

A lot of things cause you to feel the way you do. We can first consider the idea that maybe you're not used to or adjusting to your new schedule well, but then we also have to look at health reasons. We're not doctors, so obviously this should be something you talk to your doctor about at some point.
Are you eating well? Sometimes with a hectic schedule you tend to abandon your proper eating habits. Whether you're eating well or not you should consider a vitamin deficiency, such as B12 or Iron, both cause tiredness. Then there is also the possibility of mono or other illnesses. It's best for you to talk to your doctor about getting some routine blood work. Most of the causes of excessive tiredness are easy fixes, by adjusting your diet, taking supplements or in the case of an illness an antibiotic. The sooner you see a doctor the faster you can get back to your normal sleep pattern.
Good Luck!

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

-jwh

Closed Thread