TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

I need help - May 9th 2010, 03:21 AM

I posted a thread about heart palpitations but tonight it's just gotten much worse. I was just lying in bed going to sleep and my heart started slowing down and it got to a point where I thought it was just going to stop. This was about a couple of hours ago and my heart rate just keeps switching from slow to fast. I'm terrified to go to sleep in case it does stop and I die. The doctors don't open until Monday and I just can't wait until then. My heart can't just stop can it?

My heart troubles sort of started around the same time I was switched from the combined pill to the progestegen(sp?) only pill. Can a the contraceptive pill be the cause? I never had anything like this on my other pill and surely this contains the same sort of things.

Would you recommend going to the hospital about this tomorrow? I really want to get it sorted and I can't wait until Monday as I'm too terrified to sleep.

Please, please, please reply. I'm desperate.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Megan09 Offline
Singer, lover, writer
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: I need help - May 9th 2010, 03:31 AM

Yes yes, go to the hospital about it. And TELL THEM about how you switched pills, since it sounds like that's what the problem is stemming from. Even if it's not, it will give them a lead as to why your heart is being so strange right now. Please don't wait until Monday. You know your body better than anyone else, and if it is scaring you enough that you can't sleep because you're scared something might happen, it's better to go ASAP than wait.

PM if you need anything. Everything will be okay Just relax and try to sleep the best you can. Let me know how the hospital visit goes?

"If music be the food of love, play on." -Shakespeare
Remember: May is skin cancer awareness month. Be smart, here are some tips to protect yourself:
Feel free to PM me, I'm here to help
TH Social Networking Team
  Send a message via AIM to Megan09  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: I need help - May 9th 2010, 07:36 AM

I get heart palpitations sometimes, even when I'm sleeping I'll wake up and my heart will be racing even if I'm not really afraid of anything but if I am anxious overall. The fact that you are afraid could be causing it. Try to calm down or focus on something else... maybe try to fall asleep to a movie or if you cant sleep cuz you feel like laying down makes you think, do something that occupies your mind. I deffinately think you should call the doctor as soon as you can though to make sure it is nothing serious, But you very well could be having panick attacks thinking that something's wrong. Also being too afraid will put more strain on your heart if there is something wrong. Just be calm, and breathe. if you can't sleep and you want somebody to talk to, you can pm me...im usually on real late

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
Closed Thread