TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Reflections Offline
Alice
Average Joe

Name: Alice

Exclamation OWWW! - May 13th 2010, 05:39 PM

Okay... I don't know whats going on...

I hurt... Like you know,alot? My teeth... Well gum... Place where wisdome come? I don't know. But it HURTS! I thought I had mine in, but mom said I have another set coming in. I didn't remember growing in teeth hurt... THIS BAD!@ omg! My bottom right jaw. Like way back, is shooting pain right through my jaw/neck/and making my migraine SO much worse! Is this normal? My teeth are already crooked, like the teeth RIGHT before your wisdome I guess, are almost side ways. Like all my corner teeth are on like a huge angle. But if they aren't my wisdome, could I be growing them now? Is this what is killing me? It hurts SO bad I can't even think striaght or concentrate...

Could this be my wisdome teeth coming in? Is this normal for it to hurt this bad? I have a feeling when they do come out, they are going to be soooooo crooked like the ones beside it. Which hurt enough already... I don't know what todo. They don't give meds out at school so I have nothing for this pain... should I bring this up or suck it up and deal with it?
  Send a message via MSN to Reflections  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: OWWW! - May 13th 2010, 06:41 PM

I found this on WebMD :

Quote:
Wisdom teeth present potential problems when they are misaligned - they can position themselves horizontally, be angled toward or away from the second molars or be angled inward or outward. Poor alignment of wisdom teeth can crowd or damage adjacent teeth, the jawbone, or nerves. Wisdom teeth that lean toward the second molars make those teeth more vulnerable to decay by entrapping plaque and debris. In addition, wisdom teeth can be entrapped completely within the soft tissue and/or the jawbone or only partially break through or erupt through the gum. Teeth that remain partially or completely entrapped within the soft tissue and /or the jawbone are termed "impacted." Wisdom teeth that only partially erupt allows for an opening for bacteria to enter around the tooth and cause an infection, which results in pain, swelling, jaw stiffness, and general illness. Partially erupted teeth are also more prone to tooth decay and gum disease because their hard-to-reach location and awkward positioning makes brushing and flossing difficult.
http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/wisdom-teeth

Judging by this, a number of things could be wrong. You may have an infection, so it would probably be wise to visit your dentist. Most people end up getting their wisdom teeth removed, so you'll have to do this eventually anyways.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread