TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

foot trouble and sweating in general - May 19th 2010, 02:13 PM

i am a really heavy sweater, i sweat alot, so much so that my palms of my hands get sweaty, my feet get sweaty (so much so when i take my socks off my socks are soaked) and i get massive sweat patches under my tops, problem is, no matter what deodrant i wear, how much deodrant i wear, how much foot spray i wear, i still sweat loads, ive tried the medical deodrants that block sweat pores they dont work, its really getting me down becuase when i go out shopping and try on clothes and have to take my shoes off people who are waiting for a changing room start saying 'ew whats that smell' i was trying on some jeans today so had to take my shoes off and people outside the changing room were saying 'what is that smell'. i feel like a freak, no matter what i do, i cant stop sweating, i wear canvas like shoes so my feet stay cool and cotton socks, yet i still sweat loads, i wear light cotton clothes aswell, but yet i still sweat loads. i know theres some medical conditon where people sweat loads, but i just feel like some freak people in public are begining to notice my smelly feet , i feel like a freak and i cant fix it as nothing seems to be working. ive been doctor in the past and they gave me some athlete foot cream, but this aint athletes foot. as i dont have a fungal infection on my feet, they just sweat loads! and i sweat loads aswell! i feel embrassed and i try not to try clothes on in shops because of this, what can i do/ try to stop myself sweating this much ?

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Broken one Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sian

Re: foot trouble and sweating in general - May 21st 2010, 06:28 PM

Try washing all of the parts you sweat alot in at least 3 times, I know it's time consuming but it should help alot. Also use talcum powder after you've washed, a natural non perfumed one would be best.

There may be a chance you have the start of a fungal infection which can cause you to sweat alot, may be best to go and see your GP about it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: foot trouble and sweating in general - May 22nd 2010, 10:51 AM

i have always been a very heavy sweater ever since i was about 12 years old, its just getting me down quite abit and im begining to feel very embrassed by it as people comment on how stinky my feet are, thing is ive tried everything! foot spray, shoe spray. i have asked my mum to book me up a doctors appointment but she says treatments for heavy sweating are painful and involve having a botox in my armpits! though i guess if it stops me sweating it might be worth it.

Videos team

(#4 (permalink)) Old
natcat Offline
Average Joe

Name: Natalie

Re: foot trouble and sweating in general - May 22nd 2010, 05:00 PM

Is it just your feet? Or is that just where you notice it the most? My friend used to sweat ALOT and she found out she has somekind of hormone imblanace type of deal, so her doctor put her on birth control and it seemed to help a lot.

It's better to cross the line &
suffer the consequences
than to just stare at the line
for the rest of your life.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: foot trouble and sweating in general - May 22nd 2010, 06:10 PM

i sweat from the palms of my hands, alot underarm, and my feet sweat alot to, at college i feel so embrassed by the sweating that i cant take my top off, i get massive sweat patches like sweat patches that go nearly round to my chest.

Videos team

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: foot trouble and sweating in general - May 22nd 2010, 07:15 PM

If you're on any kind of medication, you may want to check the side effects and see if sweating is one of them. My Mom had a huge issue with a couple medications she used to be on and once she switched, she found that the sweating was much more manageable. =)
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: foot trouble and sweating in general - May 23rd 2010, 01:13 PM

i was taking herbal sleeping pills, ive only been taking the sleeping pills more recently, i have always had problems with sweating since i was about 12 years old.

Videos team

Closed Thread