TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help I think i got severly dehydrated - May 23rd 2010, 11:33 PM

Okay so i was at a school dance and it was really hot after about an hour and a half i felt a little dizzy so i went and got a drink and rested then when back inside. After about 3o minutes i started to not be able to walk so my friends got a teacher and he made me sit down. He ran and got me a glass of water, but made another adult sit next to me, while he got water, the adult kept asking me questions i'm pretty sure just to keep me awake cause i felt like i was gonna collapse. Then later on my teacher kept on coming to check on me and he kept asking how i felt i could hear him and could think what i was going to say, but i couldn't say it, and i couldn't speak fluently and couldn't move my body normaliy. I knew where i was but yet i didn't it was really scary, and if i hadn't known my teacher i'm pretty sure i would of had a panic attack. I looked up dehydration and it says when your severly dehydrated you get confused but that can only be treated by going to the hospital, but mine was treated by just staying still and drinking water was i just beganing to get severly dehydrated or what. Also before y friends tld the teacher i was sweating alot but likke right before they told the teacher i wasn't like sweating at all. It was really scary.
Any information or experience would help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help I think i got severly dehydrated - May 24th 2010, 01:20 AM

It can be dehydrated or did you eat before? if so how long? Or there may be something else that may going wrong

Theresa

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: Help I think i got severly dehydrated - May 24th 2010, 01:23 AM

It could have something do with the heat and dance..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Help I think i got severly dehydrated - May 24th 2010, 10:22 AM

Hey there,

The heat and the dancing itself are big factors in this. You're more likely to get dehydrated in the heat when you're moving about, and you were doing both. In the future make sure you're eating and drinking enough especially when it's hot. When did you last eat and drink before you went to the dance? It sounds like it could dehydration, or a number of other things. I would recommend seeing your doctor or taking a trip to the hospital and getting yourself checked out.

I hope this helps.
Marie.

Closed Thread