TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Question Sleep = Not happening :/ - August 26th 2010, 09:18 PM

Right....I had problems sleeping a while ago due to stress, and I had all kinds of odd problems like nightmares, pulling out my hair, teeth grinding, restlessness...eyelashes falling out O.o

But I got that sorted and until recently it's been a case of head-pillow-sleep. I guess I've been catching up. But, and this will sound very silly considering I'm practically an adult, but now I can't sleep because I see things while I'm still awake and lying in bed.

It sounds totally stupid, but any shadows, dark shapes...random objects, I see them and they're something else. Like...when I was little I was scared of monsters under the bed etc, and it's not monsters I'm scared of now, something just seems to be making me scared of the things in my room It even wakes me up in the middle of the night, this weird fear that something is there, and I'm not sleeping right again.

And I see things moving that aren't moving. Inanimate objects and stuff seem to crawl and it's totally freaking me out. I just wanted confirmation that I'm not a totally loony person and wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to make me sleep without freaking out every two minutes?

Ok, reading through this I really do sound nuts, but any help would be greatly appreciated

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Sleep = Not happening :/ - August 26th 2010, 10:54 PM

You said the problems ages ago were due to stress.
Do you think the stress and nerves of going to Uni and moving away could be causing this?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Sleep = Not happening :/ - August 26th 2010, 11:22 PM

Not a clue. If anything I'm quite excited about uni...but maybe it's underlying?

My mum suggested trauma...but nothing springs to mind when thinking of something to have caused it :/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Sleep = Not happening :/ - August 26th 2010, 11:37 PM

I gotta think that its stress related. Stress can do really, really weird and random things to the body and mind. Try finding ways to de-stress before bed, hot baths and a good book with scented candles or oils or scented bubble bath, or epsen salts to help relax yourself. Start taking a multi vitimin every morning, it could eb that your body also isnt getting something it needs which is causing it to stress easier etc. Could even try going for a light jog or a short walk like an hour before bed, to help tire yourself out so you sleep better (light jog + hot bath+ good book= relaxed) and if it doesnt start to go away within a few weeks i would suggest talking to your doctor.

Closed Thread