TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LavenderErin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: LavenderErin

EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 27th 2010, 02:24 PM

lol. So I never ever had a cigarette in my life!. Today I was like what the heck let me see what the big deal is. Lit one up, put it in my mouth. inhaled. CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE OMG GROSS EWWW BURN CHOKE

So I decided, well I wasnt going to just throw it out since these cigarettes came all the way from europe. LOL so I just inhaled the smoke into my mouth without inhaling down to my lungs and puffed it out.

So 2 things. Does cigarette smoke still damage if u never inhale it down, and just let it sit in ur mouth?

and #2 HOW THE HELL CAN U POSSIBLY LIKE SMOKING ITS NASTY AND BURNS AND CHOKES AND TASTES DISGUSTING. still looks cool tho.

done.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 27th 2010, 02:38 PM

Hi,

I am quite sure that cigarette smoke will be harmfull even if you just keep it in your mouth. Firstly because some of it will go down into your lungs even if you didn't intend it to and secondly because it can be dangerous to have people smoke near you so if you smoke yourself then it is definitely harmful. As for your next question, I can't say because I don't smoke myself

PM // VM

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 27th 2010, 03:02 PM

It doesn't burn for everyone and make them cough. If it did that to everybody, no one would smoke. That usually just happens the first few times.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 27th 2010, 04:14 PM

It doesn't burn all the time, only for the first few smokes, but it does still do damage if you don't inhale fully - but not if you've only smoked the one

And I'll admit, I can't stand it...I have the occasional cig when I'm drunk, and end up sputtering all over the place. No idea why I do it, it seems to be a drunken thing :P

(#5 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 27th 2010, 05:18 PM

Its just cause you werent use to it, thats why it burned, btu thats aside the point smoking sucks... i smoked for 6 years and have been a non smoker now for 7. Quitting was one of the hardest things i have had to do. So i wouldnt recommend starting. And yes even if you keep it in your mouth it is still harmful. Cig smoke ruins your teeth and gums and can give you mouth cancer. Not to meantion some smoke will still go into your lungs, and the smoke that comes off the cig is still second hand smoke which is always bad.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 27th 2010, 05:53 PM

yes, of course it still does damage if you don't fully inhale it. i totally agree with you though, smoking is disgusting.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 28th 2010, 09:29 AM

Hey,

This was your first time smoking? That's why it will have made you cough. You get use to it after a while, it's only the first few times. Yes, it can damage you. Second hand smoke can damage you, too, so your best bet is to not smoke yourself and stay away from others when they choose to smoke.

Take care.
Marie.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: EWWWW CIGARETTES GROSS. - August 28th 2010, 10:48 AM

If that was the first cigarette you smoked I doubt it will do an awful lot of damage. If you keep smoking and don't take it down it will harm you though.

The first time I smoked it made me cough also, it also burned. It doesn't burn at all after you smoked for a few times. If anything when I used to smoke I could only smoke king size after the first few months as I found super kings too weak.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
Closed Thread