TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 9th 2010, 02:34 PM

What should I eat ? Granted it will hopefully stay down
I'm so sick an an hungry now as ever
I took cold liquid med hope that's ok on an emtpy tummy

Last edited by eunoia; September 9th 2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Moved to General Health.
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Live Help Operator

Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 9th 2010, 03:17 PM

Just eat something plain like biscuits or plain dry toast. It'll make you feel less hungry and it's not too stressful on the stomach.

Live Help Operator
Forum Moderator - Sex and Puberty ~ Relationships and Dating

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 9th 2010, 03:22 PM

ok

i will try that thanks
i just want to feel better i feel pretty tied down with this cold an ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylalatbh. View Post
Just eat something plain like biscuits or plain dry toast. It'll make you feel less hungry and it's not too stressful on the stomach.
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dauntless Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 9th 2010, 06:41 PM

Maybe you could try jello? I know I eat that a lot when I don't feel well. I hope you feel better

"'Colie, you should never be surprised when people treat you with respect. You should expect it.'
I shook my head. 'You don't know--' I began. But, as usual, she didn't let me finish.
'Yes,' she said simply, 'I do know. I've watched you, Colie. You walk around like a dog waiting to be kicked. And when someone does, you pout and cry like you didn't deserve it.'
'No one deserves to be kicked,' I said.
'I disagree,' she said flatly. 'You do if you don't think you're worth any better...'"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Dauntless  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 9th 2010, 08:09 PM

chicken noodle soup,applesauce,rice(plain white) and saltines are good for when you can't eat much these are the things i eat whenever i am really sick or have a stomach virus or stomach problems, buy some chamomile tea theres a tea company called celestial i buy their tea all the time and its really good. put a spoonful of honey in the tea and a little bit of sugar(like one or two teaspoons unless you like your tea REALLY sweet) if you dont like tea get some sprite,seven up, coke(coca cola), or pepsi which ever you prefer coke (coca cola) sodas(or soda pop,pop) are helpful, apparently they are easy on the stomach, whenever i get stomach aches or sick i drink lots of coca cola(coke) it really helps. you should also drink LOTS of water, and try putting a little bit of food in your stomach (if you can)before you take cold medicine because taking cold medicine on an empty stomach can cause you to be really nauesous(qeausy). i hope i helped and i hope you feel better really soon

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King, Jr.

You can call me Ashley,Delilah or BabyGirl. ]ust don't call me late for dinner

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dauntless Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 9th 2010, 10:08 PM

Do NOT get coke or dark sodas. If you really want soda, stick to the ones like sprite and gingerale

"'Colie, you should never be surprised when people treat you with respect. You should expect it.'
I shook my head. 'You don't know--' I began. But, as usual, she didn't let me finish.
'Yes,' she said simply, 'I do know. I've watched you, Colie. You walk around like a dog waiting to be kicked. And when someone does, you pout and cry like you didn't deserve it.'
'I disagree,' she said flatly. 'You do if you don't think you're worth any better...'"
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Exclamation Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 9th 2010, 11:12 PM

aww thanks

it helps
every bit of advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfPunk View Post
Maybe you could try jello? I know I eat that a lot when I don't feel well. I hope you feel better
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Immy Offline
Mer.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Immy

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 10th 2010, 12:01 AM

Try something like oatmeal, if you like it. It's filling and easy on the stomach, so you won't have to eat a whole lot to feel a bit filled. If you don't, stick to soups.

We can't choose where we come from, but we can choose where we go from there.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 10th 2010, 11:03 AM

Hey there,

To start with I would strongly recommend sodas, these help to settle your stomach but do stay away from extremely fizzy and strong tasting ones. I wouldn't recommend drinking coffee, but tea may also help. Thicker things like soups, and then slowly move onto noodles and oatmeal. Crackers and simple plain foods can also really help if you don't think you can handle a full meal just yet. Do try and stick with plain foods, that won't aggravate your stomach too much!

Don't hesitate to message me.
Marie.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

September 10th 2010, 02:46 PM

Thanks I apperciate that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rie View Post
Hey there,

To start with I would strongly recommend sodas, these help to settle your stomach but do stay away from extremely fizzy and strong tasting ones. I wouldn't recommend drinking coffee, but tea may also help. Thicker things like soups, and then slowly move onto noodles and oatmeal. Crackers and simple plain foods can also really help if you don't think you can handle a full meal just yet. Do try and stick with plain foods, that won't aggravate your stomach too much!

Don't hesitate to message me.
Marie.

I did not eat before work and tummy was grumbling during work

But I'm eating now (shock I know)

Bur I was very hungry

My therapist just saw her wants me to eat to try to eat before work
but I m not sure I can eat now
but I told I'd try to eat

What should I do ! ???

I am used to not feeling hungry an body is used to not getting much food
But I do have to eat but body not feeling hungry
I think
my body assumes it won't get food so why try to ask for it type of thing!!!!

I talk about my body (rose) as a sepreate being then myself

What do I do !!!!!!!!!
If eat
then eat what?!

Last edited by Bibliophile; September 13th 2010 at 09:59 AM.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Dauntless Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 12th 2010, 11:02 PM

I'd say try eating what sounds good, but nothing too complex

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

September 12th 2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfPunk View Post
I'd say try eating what sounds good, but nothing too complex
Ok but appetite hal gone
I'm so hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music In My Heart 120 View Post

Ok but appetite hal gone
I'm so hungry

I'll eat some yougrt an a salad
hopefully it will stay down

Please close thread

Last edited by Bibliophile; September 13th 2010 at 10:00 AM.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I am having a hard time trying to eat, I have a bad cold and I feel weak an sore an dzzy an etc - September 13th 2010, 09:58 AM

Closed by request of the OP. You know the drill! PM me if you want it reopening.

Closed Thread