TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Really Annoying Me! - September 11th 2010, 01:21 AM

For the past 3 nights now, I've had the hardest time falling asleep! I CANNOT sleep at all!
First night, I fell asleep at 1am, woke up at 4am, couldn't fall back to sleep until 6:30am, didn't get much sleep at all, second night was about as bad, last night was the worst! No matter what I did, I kept feeling shaky, I had to drink 2 glasses of milk and that's another thing. Recently sometimes at night, I eat just fine during the day but I feel all weak and shaky and I drink a glass of milk and I'm fine but it's really irritating and starting to bug me. I couldn't sleep at all, I am lucky if I got maybe like 2 hours of sleep seriously! I just couldn't sleep at ALL, it was awful.
Why is this happening and is there anything I can do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: Really Annoying Me! - September 11th 2010, 03:35 AM

Well I can't exactly give you an right answer, but I could suggest some ideas to you?

The inability to sleep can be caused by a lot of different things... Diet, daily activity, stress, mood, other medical explanations...

Try having a set time every night that you lay down. You don't have to try and sleep right away, but try and avoid electronics and things like that about one hour before you do so (computer, video games, ect). Some people find quiet radio music or reading a book helpful, and others just try and relax. Something I do when I can't sleep is start relaxing every part of your body, starting with your toes and working upwards. Take about ten minutes or so before you move up, and by the end (if you're still awake), an hour or so should have passed. If you've got anything on your mind, forget it until the morning. Also, did you try sleep aids? You can get them at nearly any store, like a pharmacy. But if they don't work, then don't take them. If they do, don't get too dependent on them...

Oh, and don't try too hard to fall asleep. I found that trying less is more beneficial than trying too hard.

If you're inability to sleep continues, I would consult a doctor. They should give you a few more tips, and if the problem persists, they may take extra measures (like medications, sleep study, ect) to help you sleep.

I hope I helped.

-Apollo

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

Closed Thread