TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Exclamation PCOS causing symptoms? - October 5th 2010, 03:05 PM

I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months back, and I have been on Aldactone and Prometrium to help with my problems. Well for the past week or so, I have felt pretty bad.

I had random bleeding out of nowhere, it was dark dark brown and almost gooey looking. I have never had any bleeding like this in my life. And it was almost exactly 2 weeks before my period was supposed to show up. (I hadn't started taking the promietrium for the month yet to bring on my period). Well after getting that, i googled it, and it put me through a little pregnancy scare (honestly now after my bf and i talked about it for awhile, i realized that it was more of me wishing and hoping that the doctor was wrong and that I would be able to have babies, than actually thinking I was pregnant.) So i just automatically had put the nausea with that.

Well I'm pretty much in my right mind now, and I sincerely doubt that I am pregnant. However, I still am feeling nauseated. And it gets worse after every time that I eat. I get pains in my lower stomach, mainly on the right side. But I sometimes get them on the other side or even the whole lower stomach. My lower back has also been hurting, and i have been getting headaches.

Also, a lot of times I start to feel like I have to pee really really bad, but when I go to the bathroom, a lot of the time it takes me forever to pee. And (as gross as this is) a lot of time when i go poop, it makes the pain in my lower stomach (mainly on the right side) worse.

I am in college, and my main doctor is 2200 miles away, and i don't think that my insurance works here, so thats why I haven't really been to the doctor yet.

I am just trying to figure out what this is. I thought that maybe the nausea was just from nerves from the pregnancy scare, but now i'm over that and it still hasn't left. :/

Oh, also, when I don't eat very often in the day, I get shaky normally. But lately I'm shaky all the time. Like I wake up shaky. It hasn't ever been this bad before.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this before?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, and I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: PCOS causing symptoms? - October 5th 2010, 03:17 PM

Well, even with PCOS you can still get pregnant. It's just near impossible, but it still happens. Anyways, it sounds like you need to get to the doctor. It could be something to do with the meds you've started or it could be something else...
Maybe look at the listed side affects of your medicine and see if any of the stuff you're experiencing is listed?
The shakiness probably has something to do with your blood sugar. (That's my unprofessional guess anyways.) Again, a doctor would be best to check with about that.
Hope things get better!

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

Closed Thread