TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Colt Offline
Banned
Average Joe

TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 1st 2010, 10:47 PM

I'm a bit surprised to see that although we have categories for almost every health related subject known, TeenHelp has nothing which is related to Fitness & Strength. I think that a persons' physical health (Ie, how fit and strong they are) directly affects every other aspect of their health, so I find it strange that TeenHelp does not cater to this.

Enough with that, though. I have an idea

I would like to find a core group of TeenHelp users who would be interested in undertaking a challenge to greatly improve their all-round fitness and strength. It isn't a massive change to your life, it takes about fifteen minutes a day. Or maybe even just every second day. It consists of push ups, sit ups, squats and pull ups. Lots of "ups".

I use an online based program, which takes six weeks. The end result should be that you will be capable of two-hundred sit ups, one hundred push ups, twenty five pull ups and two hundred squats.

This is open to anybody, of any age or current physical ability. In fact, I would love to hear that people who are currently in poor physical shape are taking it upon themselves to be fitter and stronger.

The idea of putting this here on TeenHelp is so that once we have enough people interested, I can start a new thread signalling the beginning of our six week challenge. And every time you complete your workout at home, you must post here on the forums and let us know what you did, as well as any comments or discussion you might want to add. This means we are all held accountable by other members of TeenHelp, and we are all pushing each other along.

100 Push Ups
200 Sit Ups
25 Pull Ups
200 Squats

It starts off with a low number of exercises, and you do five sets of them. It's not outrageously difficult to be honest. I took my programme and wrote it up on an Excel Spreadsheet, so I can refer to it whenever I want to without having to go back to the websites.

So, who's interested?

Regards,

Colt

Last edited by Colt; December 1st 2010 at 10:59 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 1st 2010, 11:35 PM

I'd be interested in something like this. I could try to add it to my normal work outs.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 1st 2010, 11:37 PM

That's an awesome idea.
I'm in.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 1st 2010, 11:57 PM

I might give it a go.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 2nd 2010, 12:24 AM

Just throwing it out there that for the vast majority of the path to the specified rep range, other than maybe the pullups, this doesn't have a whole lot to do with strength as opposed to purely fitness.

Just saying though, sounds like a cool idea regardless, and combining these programs makes it somewhat balanced as opposed to a silly unbalanced program like if you just were to do, say, the pushup program. I've already got my own routine, but it'll be interesting to see who else is up for it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 2nd 2010, 12:30 AM

Count me in
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 2nd 2010, 01:00 AM

I'd love to be involved, though I may have to modify some of those!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: TeenHelp PT Challenge - December 2nd 2010, 01:34 AM

Hey there!

It's a really nice idea that you want to support other people in getting healthier. However, I'm going to recommend that you make a Social Group if you wish to continue. I'm also going to point out that talking about weight numbers, calorie counts, and anything that could be deemed as triggering to other users is not allowed anywhere on TeenHelp.
I've gone ahead and closed this thread, feel free to Private Message me if you have any questions or would like this reopening.

Holly Marie.

Closed Thread