TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Saphire Offline
♥♥♥
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Saphire

Sticking to a diet.. - December 5th 2010, 03:36 PM

I guess this belongs here because it's about healthy eating and stufff.

I need realistic tips to actually stick to a diet. I've tried loads of times but willpower alone is just not enough - I give up every time!

The thing is, we always have so much junk in the house and it's just so tempting, and my dad never buys anything nice but healthy.

Anyone got easy, healthy tips to lose weight?
And I know exercise is cruicial too, but I don't really have a lot of opportunity to exercise. Everyone's always like "do cardio 3 times a week, do weights" etc. but I don't want to pay for the gym or anything, and I don't have any equipment at home. The only exercise I get really is walking to and from college.

How do you stay in shape?

I will be grateful for any tips

Saphire

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Sticking to a diet.. - December 5th 2010, 04:33 PM

I don't quite know about, staying in shape, but I know how I attempt to get myself into shape

I'm a lot like you, I can diet really well for a month or two and I'll be losing weight at a reasonable level but then I'll cave and have an awful month of eating and it's all back again.

When I am dieting, I often do it with a friend, some support and little friendly competition. We always do weekly weigh-ins to see how much we've lost and record it. It's nice to see it written down in front you, the amassing weight loss.

I also stick post-its on like, chocolate and crisps in the house. My housemate hates me for it Haha, but if I mark these foods with a reminder as to why I want to lose weight then I normally step back and have a re-think.

Um. I'll often create a playlist of YouTube videos whilst on the exercise bike that relate to my University course and act as research. Then I feel less like I'm 'wasting time'.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Sticking to a diet.. - December 6th 2010, 12:37 AM

Have you talked to your dad about ceasing to buy the unhealthy crap he currently does?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Saphire Offline
♥♥♥
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Sticking to a diet.. - December 6th 2010, 09:04 PM

Yeah I think I might tell my dad to buy NOTHING and just give me the money he'd usually spend on all the crap, and buy healthier stuff myself :P

And Chazz I like your idea of post-it reminders And also I'm sure some of my friends would be on board with the idea to join me with it

Saphire

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: Sticking to a diet.. - December 7th 2010, 01:18 AM

wear a reminder, wether you draw something on your hand, put on a braclet, something like that... I usually draw something small on my hand so when I'm reaching for something I look at my hand and remember that I'm trying to reach a goal, it may sound silly but it does work. Set goals each week and then daily goals such as "today I'm going to drink 8 glasses of water and I'm going to have a salad for lunch and put off induldging in something" remember to treat yourself too (so you don't end up binging) be realistic with yourself and when you fall off track get right back on it!

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Saphire Offline
♥♥♥
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Sticking to a diet.. - December 7th 2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolette View Post
wear a reminder, wether you draw something on your hand, put on a braclet, something like that... I usually draw something small on my hand so when I'm reaching for something I look at my hand and remember that I'm trying to reach a goal, it may sound silly but it does work. Set goals each week and then daily goals such as "today I'm going to drink 8 glasses of water and I'm going to have a salad for lunch and put off induldging in something" remember to treat yourself too (so you don't end up binging) be realistic with yourself and when you fall off track get right back on it!
I like this Thanks x

Saphire

Closed Thread