TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Exclamation Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 17th 2010, 11:31 PM

ASAP please help !!I'm in pain all over even when I move help please
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 07:23 AM

Has this been a recent thing, or have you experienced this kind of pain for awhile? If it is severe, you should see a doctor or possibly a psychiatrist about it (I add psychiatrist because it could be a pain disorder).

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBL87 View Post
Has this been a recent thing, or have you experienced this kind of pain for awhile? If it is severe, you should see a doctor or possibly a psychiatrist about it (I add psychiatrist because it could be a pain disorder).
Just recent a few weeks , but muscles so painful when I move even and I tire out easily
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music In My Heart 120 View Post

Just recent a few weeks , but muscles so painful when I move even and I tire out easily
I would definitely see a doctor. It could be something to do with your nervous system, which would be important to check out. I have a friend with fibromyalga, and this sounds somewhat similar to how she feels sometimes, but I wouldn't assume that that is what you have.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I would definitely see a doctor. It could be something to do with your nervous system, which would be important to check out. I have a friend with fibromyalga, and this sounds somewhat similar to how she feels sometimes, but I wouldn't assume that that is what you have.

I'm scared to go get weighed at my doc appt. I wonder what the nurse would do if I refused strongly to get weighed??? What do u all think?

I see my doctor on mon
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:

I'm scared to go get weighed at my doc appt. I wonder what the nurse would do if I refused strongly to get weighed??? What do u all think?

I see my doctor on mon
It's part of normal intake procedure, and I'm not sure but it may be a legal requirement with treatment. Are you afraid to get weighed because you'd rather not know or because you don't want someone else to see it? If it's the latter, remember that they weigh tens if not hundreds of people daily, and they are simply going to put it on a form and that is where it ends, they have no interest in it beyond your health. If it's the previous, you can talk with them and let them know that you don't want to see or hear it, especially if it is a possible trigger.

Last edited by BigBL87; December 18th 2010 at 06:38 PM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:39 PM

I don't want anybody to know my weight I'm embarrassed about my weight I'm so panicky now about mon doc ap and being weighed screams and nervous

Quote:
It's part of normal intake procedure, and I'm not sure but it may be a legal requirement with treatment. Are you afraid to get weighed because you'd rather not know or because you don't want someone else to see it? If it's the latter, remember that they weigh tens if not hundreds of people daily, and they are simply going to put it on a form and that is where it ends, they have no interest in it beyond your health.
It's a physical doc apt and legal requirement ? Its my primary doctor though so I don't have a right to refuse to be weighed since my eating disorder ?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I don't want anybody to know my weight I'm embarrassed about my weight I'm so panicky now about mon doc ap and being weighed screams and nervous

It's a physical doc apt and legal requirement ? Its my primary doctor though so I don't have a right to refuse to be weighed since my eating disorder ?
Don't know if its a legal requirement for them or not, that's what I meant. Like how they take your pulse and blood pressure, it may be something they are required to do as part of standards of care. It could be that they have to take certain vitals as part of treatment, but again I don't know as I'm not a medical professional. It's something you'd have to ask them when you get there. Reading online, it seems like it MAY be something you can refuse, but I don't want to say for sure.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Exclamation Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Don't know if its a legal requirement for them or not, that's what I meant. Like how they take your pulse and blood pressure, it may be something they are required to do. It could be that they have to take certain vitals as part of treatment, but again I don't know as I'm not a medical professional. It's something you'd have to ask them when you get there.

I understand what you meant and said before but just panic made say that so panicky now
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:45 PM

If you were to go to your doctors and they wanted to weight you, they can not force you however that might get in the way of you getting the suitiable medical help you need.

If you want help on the pain, I suggest you see your doctor. People know you have an Eating Disorder and therefore they will understand how you feel about being weighed but they already know you are underweight.

Think about it for now and see how it goes.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:50 PM

I see my doc on Mon but panicky can't stan being weighed sends me into a panic attack each time

Sighs I just want to feel better inside and out crys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie'Lou View Post
If you were to go to your doctors and they wanted to weight you, they can not force you however that might get in the way of you getting the suitiable medical help you need.

If you want help on the pain, I suggest you see your doctor. People know you have an Eating Disorder and therefore they will understand how you feel about being weighed but they already know you are underweight.

Think about it for now and see how it goes.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
People know you have an Eating Disorder and therefore they will understand how you feel about being weighed but they already know you are underweight.
The pain could also be connected to or exacerbated by being significantly underweight, especially if you are malnourished at all. I'm not as familiar with your background, as I haven't posted on here for months until recently, though.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I see my doc on Mon but panicky can't stan being weighed sends me into a panic attack each time

Sighs I just want to feel better inside and out crys

Sometimes we have to push ourselves out of our comfort zones to get the right help.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#14 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Sometimes we have to push ourselves out of our comfort zones to get the right help.
This is true, and sometimes avoiding things can make the anxiety worse. That's one of the principles behind cue exposure therapy, where you are exposed to a trigger and helped to learn coping strategies.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
The pain could also be connected to or exacerbated by being significantly underweight, especially if you are malnourished at all. I'm not as familiar with your background, as I haven't posted on here for months until recently, though.
I don't eat much once a day even then not always I eat and I underweight also bony in places like hips an knees

I'm a dancer
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 11:31 PM

Crys so sore nothing helps crysss
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 18th 2010, 11:36 PM

Hey there, I would suggest that you put dancing on hold until your body becomes stronger, or starts feeling better. I would definitely consider talking to a doctor. But until then, take maybe something to help with the pain. Drink lots of water as well.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 20th 2010, 05:45 PM

Got done with my doc appt

I'm at a really low weight apparently and my doctor is very worried about my health and weight so she wants me
To come in once a month to check my weight and my health
She also wants me to come in january for a complete physical .

She says I'm on exercise restriction until I get enough calories in me and also nutrition in me and until she feels it's safe for me an my body to be active
That's the update
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Verry sore all over ,any tips besides pain killers?pain from soreness to much now - December 22nd 2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Got done with my doc appt

I'm at a really low weight apparently and my doctor is very worried about my health and weight so she wants me
To come in once a month to check my weight and my health
She also wants me to come in january for a complete physical .

She says I'm on exercise restriction until I get enough calories in me and also nutrition in me and until she feels it's safe for me an my body to be active
That's the update
It's good to hear you are actively doing something about it. Your doctor knows what she's doing, and the exercise restriction will probably help with the pain.

Closed Thread