TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 23rd 2010, 01:10 AM

I noticed how lott of times. I'm very tired (even when I dont do anything physical) and when I take naps or awake from sleep/nap, I dont have that refreshed feeling that everyone else seems to feel? I also tend to have headaches on a noramal basis,loss of focus due to feeling fatigued in class; although I recieved a 8 hour sleep the night before, nasty balance control and of course my history of depression.

I know the only way to confirm this is by seeing a doctor, but they cost money everytime you see one, and for the people that do have chronic fatigue, I wanted to know if you guys think its possible that I also have it and recommend I see a doctor.

thanks guys

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 23rd 2010, 02:09 AM

Not feeling refreshed after sleeping, headaches, and difficulty staying focused can all be part of depression. If you have depression right now and are experiencing these bothersome symptoms, I would suggest talking to whatever doctor you speak to about your depression.
If you're worried about money talking to a school counselor could be a cheaper alternative.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
zebiddybing Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: l-j or laura

Re: anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 24th 2010, 08:36 PM

You could have an iron deficiancy, thats how i feel and i am aneamic, I would suggest you go to the doctors and tell them how you've been feeling, I know it could be hard or a little scary but you would feel much better

B.O.Y - Beware Of You

Where exactly did the whole B.O.Y thing come from?
I came up with it cause I wanted something that reminded me that I have the ability… power… (whatever you want to call it)… to build myself up or tear myself down. I’ve done an incredible job at doing both. And it’s my choice which one I want to be better at. - Hayley Williams

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 25th 2010, 07:27 AM

for the both of you. I did see a doctor and I am diagnosed with Depression. However when I saw a commercial about chronic fatigue, the above symptoms were part of them.

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
RunningWild Offline
Dreamer
Not a n00b

Name: Emmy

Re: anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 25th 2010, 01:41 PM

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is not a very well researched condition. More often than not, something like depression, a vitamin deficiency, or a metabolic problem is the source behind it. In high school, I would fall asleep in class almost daily though I got plenty of sleep, and it turned out to be diabetes, who knew?

I wouldn't say that's the most likely thing in your case, but it's worth researching various things that could be behind your chronic fatigue.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 25th 2010, 05:12 PM

Rylan, what you're describing sounds exactly like the fatigue associated with depression. See a doctor to be sure. But if I were a betting man I'd put money on it being part of your depression.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 25th 2010, 07:14 PM

The diagnostic criteria for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome requires more than just fatigue (which is actually a symptom). Having the fatigue alone isn't CFS. Its onset is sudden and the symptoms must be present for minimum 6 months. The fatigue in the name refers to multi-organ system fatigue, so the symptoms involve multiple organ systems, such as impaired memory, impaired respiratory system causing breathing difficulties, sudden visual impairments (i.e. photosensitivity), cognitive dysfunction causing forgetfulness beyond normal levels. There's a list that goes longer than the ones I mentioned but you need to have minimum of 4 of these as well as meet other diagnostic criteria of CFS to receive the diagnosis. It's much rarer than depression.

Depression can have physical manifestations, such as fatigue. Taking naps during the day can throw off the sleep schedule at night, so sleep disorders can develop, such as delayed sleep phase syndrome, which does cause fatigue and is very common in adolescents, young adults and working class people.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: anyone have chronic fatigue? - December 26th 2010, 06:00 AM

Hey Rylan,

I moved your thread to General Health - I believe you're going to be able to find more replies relating to this topic here. If you have any questions though, or would like to discuss that decision, please do feel free to PM me. (:

One thing I just wanted to note, also, was that I think you really, really, are going to have to try to be super careful with self-diagnosing. I'm not trying to say that you ARE self-diagnosing, but a lot of times, what happens is that someone sees a commercial or an advertisement or just hears about an illness and starts to think they have it. Once they think they have it, they mentally begin to start seeing different other symptoms that they may not even be having - they're just overthinking what's going on...and in some cases, these symptoms can even develop into physical ones.

So, I'm not familiar at all with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I definitely think that if you're going to be at your doctor's office getting checked out anyway, it would definitely be worth it to mention your concerns to the doctor about being fatigued and see what his or her take on that situation might be.

Good luck! Let us know how everything turns out.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread