TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abandoning Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: no one

I passed out! :( - December 31st 2010, 02:50 PM

Well I don't know if you call it passing out but I definitely fainted.

I was standing in front of my stove cooking, and I remember feeling really sick and wanting to tell Tyler (my boyfriend) I felt weird.
Then all I remember is feeling really shitty, and muttering out "oh fuck"...
Then Tyler over top of me telling me to open my eyes and asking me what happened, but I didn't know what happened. I hit my face on the corner of my Kitchen wall, Tyler thought it was going to be a black eye for sure.

But when I started to come to, I started bawling. Tyler held me and kissed me kept reassuring me I was okay and that he had me. I was terrified, NOTHING like that had ever happened to me before.

Just thank god Tyler was home. We had gotten into a huge fight last night and he took off to go smoke hookah with a friend. I'm so glad he was here when it happened, cause I have a 6 month old and I don't know if I would have woken up if he hadn't been there. And he took care of her last night so I could just sleep.

I have some whiplash and a headache, my face hurts but I'm okay.
I just needed to share my traumatic experience.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: I passed out! :( - December 31st 2010, 03:05 PM

Did you hit your head? And now you have a headache? It would be worth taking it easy and possibly getting checked out because of that. But fainting is pretty common though I'm sorry it was such a scary experience for you.

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
abandoning Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I passed out! :( - December 31st 2010, 03:07 PM

I hit my face on the wall, and my head on the floor... the headache is from the whiplash. Kinda like when you sleep wrong, thats how it feels.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I passed out! :( - December 31st 2010, 06:06 PM

Sometimes if you stand with your knees locked it cuts off circulation which can ultimately cause you to faint. Maybe that was the case?

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
abandoning Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I passed out! :( - January 1st 2011, 03:13 AM

Thats what Tyler says happened.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I passed out! :( - January 3rd 2011, 04:33 AM

Aw=( Don't be scared. In my life, I have fainted like 6 times. The 2nd time was the biggest tramatic experience for me. The first time was quick and not that scary. Anyhow, I was 12 or 13 years old. I was at school and in woodshop class. I saw a ruler on my side of the table and I slid it across the table so it wouldn't be on my side. Just as I did I felt this horribly sharp pain in my finger. I looked at it and a piece of wood was jabbed between my nail and the skin. It was bleeding heavily and I sat down calmly and dabbed at it with a tissue and some water. I tried to hide it from my friends because I never like showing that I am hurt. It embaresses me for some reason. It was still bleeding a lot though and I started to feel hot and sick. I told my friend to come with me to talk to the teacher cause I felt like I needed to go home. She said okay and we both got up and I remember getting hotter and hotter. My eyesight got bad too as the seconds dragged on. It got really bright and I couldn't really see anything. Things were blurry. It got SOOOOOO bright and then darkness and I fell. I grabbed for my friend as I was falling but she did not notice. I fell right smack dab in between the machines and I am so lucky I did not get hurt. Everyone around me freaked out and the teacher tried to get me up again but of course, when you faint, you should not get up again cause you will fall and faint again. I did that and they made me get up again but go sit at a nearby table. I made it to the table and they got me some water and loaned me a cell phone to call my mom. I couldn't reach her so when they were sure I was okay enough to walk, the teacher sent me to the office with 8 kids following me. When I got there they all left and I started crying. I was so scared and I had no idea why that had just happened. Mom took me to the doctor afterwards and it turns out I was totally fine. I had fainted from the blood. I didn't know it had scared me but it must have. The only after effects from that is I freak out more than I used to over blood. But that is my story. With you, it obviously was not blood but it probably was your knees being locked. You can also faint if you stand up too fast after sitting or if you bend down. I am sorry all that happened to you but you are most def. not alone.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: I passed out! :( - January 3rd 2011, 03:41 PM

I passed out in front of a bunch of people in my high school once lol. It was quite embarrassing, and the weirdest feeling I've ever had

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: I passed out! :( - January 3rd 2011, 06:40 PM

Don't be scared or upset.
When I was younger, I had a fainting problem.
I was standing in the bathroom brushing my hair and I fainted and hit my head on the tile floor
I tipped over backwards in my chair at school tons of times.
My mom told this lady at church about it too. It was awfully embarrassing.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: I passed out! :( - January 5th 2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoke View Post
Sometimes if you stand with your knees locked it cuts off circulation which can ultimately cause you to faint. Maybe that was the case?
Yep this

Onetime I was shaving my face with a straight edge blade and passed out sending it into my arm

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: I passed out! :( - January 6th 2011, 09:23 PM

The one that I would be more concerned about is cardiac syncope. We have a girl in our class that fainted while doing intubation. They got her hooked up to a heart monitor while the ambulance came and recorded some PVCs.

Can you elaborate on how you felt weird?

Future Medic and Infectious Disease Nurse. Current EMT-B and Volunteer Fire Fighter.
  Send a message via AIM to MisplacedDreamer  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: I passed out! :( - January 6th 2011, 09:34 PM

It's a good idea to go have your head checked out just in case, especially if you're having a headache now. It could be a minor concussion, but you also need to be safe. Anytime you hit your head, it warrants seeing a doctor.
As for passing out? Make sure you stay hydrated - half your body weight in fluid ounces in water, or 64 oz. (which ever is more). Also make sure you don't lock your knees. If you start feeling sick to your stomach or get light-headed, sit down with your feet elevated slighty above your heart. Always move slowly when going from laying to sitting or sitting to standing. After coming to, drink something with citrus (orange juice, lemonade) in it. Check your heart rate and BP (if you can) and try not to stand up until your pulse is close to normal. All of those tips can help you keep from passing out or help you after having passed out.

Hope that helps.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: I passed out! :( - January 6th 2011, 09:41 PM

Also, I just want to add in, that fainting can be caused by feeling overheated, try to avoid hot showers and standing here anything that gets hot, such as an oven or fireplace. Deffinately stay hydrated, after fainting, a cold glass of juice usually is the best.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

Closed Thread