Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
SessyRocks Offline
Not a n00b
SessyRocks's Avatar
Name: April
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Location: Fresno, California

Posts: 71
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Would I be examined for this? - March 8th 2009, 07:57 AM

Lately I've been getting my period every other week. I'll have my period, it will be completely normal. It usually lasts about a week. But lately, I'll have my period, then about a week will pass and I'll be on my period again. I'm not cramping or anything. I will be going to see a woman's doctor on Monday. But, I'm kind of scared. I had this problem before when I was in junior high, but all the doctor did was put me on birth control to regulate my period. But now that I'm over 18 and considered a "woman" I'm scared the doctor will want to examine me. I've never had anyone touch me down there and I'm not interested in having a complete stranger touch me down there, even if it is a doctor. Has anyone had problems like this? Do you get examined for this kind of thing?
  Send a message via AIM to SessyRocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
thethatgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!
thethatgirl's Avatar
Name: konnie
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: yorkshire

Posts: 7
Join Date: March 7th 2009

Re: Would I be examined for this? - March 8th 2009, 08:33 AM

they might book you for an ultrasound fisrt, especially if you explain that you are nervous. thats what I had. Watch out for the jelly; its majorly cold!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper
Stacey's Avatar
Name: Stacey
Gender: Female
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 365
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would I be examined for this? - March 8th 2009, 05:02 PM

The doctor would probably first look at whether you've been on your birth control long enough for it to become ineffective, as that could be the case. Otherwise, as already said most doctors will opt for an ultrasound before anything else, unless there are any other symptoms.
If you have to get examined there is nothing to worry about, it will be awkward your first time but it is for the benefit of your health.

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

Join date: 27th September, 2004.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while
Pandamonium's Avatar
Name: Steph
Gender: Female
Location: US

Posts: 1,613
Blog Entries: 4
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Would I be examined for this? - March 8th 2009, 05:09 PM

Your doctor will probably recommend you to a gynecologist, in which you would have to be examined. It's embarrassing and awkward but it can also ultimately be life saving if anyone were wrong. They're very professional and it usually takes under 15 minutes. They realize it's an uncomfortable thing.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough
L'espoir's Avatar
Name: Jen
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: England

Posts: 2,020
Blog Entries: 777
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Would I be examined for this? - March 8th 2009, 05:33 PM


I would just go for it and tell the doctor. It may be embarrassing but its got to be worth it. Your health is the most important thing in all this and like others have suggested, it will only be quick. They may not even need to examine you after all, you never know.


PM // VM
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!
simpleserenade89's Avatar
Age: 30

Posts: 17
Join Date: March 9th 2009

Re: Would I be examined for this? - March 10th 2009, 12:04 AM

u should definatly see a doctor ..they can check you out and help you for sure
Closed Thread



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2020, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.