TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
soccerchick16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Weight! - March 10th 2009, 01:06 AM

Today I weight myself and my friends were with me. it said XXX, my friends didn't believe it, I did 3 more times, they couldn't believe it they thought I was XXX before I weighed myself, I do have somewhat of an upper body strength. I hate my life. I am 12, 5'3, and XXX lbs. Any tips on losing weight, it may seem easy for you all but giving up everything the next day seems impossible, baby step tips plz. I hate my life! I wil post a pic if you need more of a mental image on what I actually look like.

Last edited by Stacey; March 10th 2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight, it is against our rules.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Weight! - March 10th 2009, 01:09 AM

Although you posted mass numbers which are no explicitly forbidden by the ToS, many of the people here do not know the distinction between mass and weight and will assume the latter and remove them because weight numbers are not allowed

As for diet tips you need to get a balanced diet and have less going in than it coming out. This can be gained by reducing portion size and/or increasing exercise.

Bear in mind you should always see a doctor before starting a diet if you are under 18

(#3 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Weight! - March 10th 2009, 01:25 AM

It just comes down to what you want more, to be active, feel better, get a bf or eat cheeseburgers. Sorry to be blunt but often that is what it comes down to.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Weight! - March 10th 2009, 01:36 AM

Please don't post numbers.They are triggering to users like myself. That said, you are only 12.You're growing, and you will continue to grow. Try eating healthy, fruits and vegetables instead of junk food, and simple exercise like walking. But as said, check with your doctor before starting a diet program, especially at your age..

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: Weight! - March 10th 2009, 02:20 AM

You are only 12, and often any weight you may loose through diet and exercise may be gained back when you finish going through puberty. If you want to maintain and healthier diet and live a more active life, for the benefit of yourself in the future, than that is good. Since you are so young though, see your doctor before starting anything as at your age there are a lot of things that can result from going about this the wrong way. Joining a sports team is always a safe and fun way of getting exercise, you can always consider that!

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

-jwh

(#6 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Re: Weight! - March 10th 2009, 07:30 PM

Alright, here we go; are youba male or a female? Eat right, train hard. Do basic cardio and weight trainng. Low gluyscemic diet; low carb and high protein. Stay activ and burn more calories than you take in. Pm me for more info. Cnsult a doctor before startng. No more junk food or soda

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Weight! - March 10th 2009, 11:15 PM

As a small step, I suggest getting involved with a sport that you would enjoy (and there are plenty out there, so be sure to look at what your community has to offer!) or start doing 10-20 minutes of brisk walking. That way you still get some activity and it doesn't feel like it's taking over everything else you're doing. Maybe go walking with some friends, that way it wont feel like exercise. Don't start out over the top or it may put you off exercising. Start nice and slow.

And your body is still changing, so don't worry! I'm glad you are interested in getting healthy though

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Weight! - March 11th 2009, 01:10 AM

Let me explain further,

Too loose weight you need to cut calories and carbs, at the same time you need to stay fit. You can't sit on the couch and not eat, you'll actually gain weight. You can't over work-out and not eat properly, you need to do both; Work-out and eat properly.

Sadly, Teen Help won't allow me or any user for that matter to lay out an exact diet or work-out regimen. However, I will try my best to stay within reason and still assist you. If you want more information, you can PM me and I'll gladly help the best I can.

You need a low carb, high protein diet. I recommend a Low Gluyscemic diet, you google that and find the "No And Go" list which will assist you in figuring out what foods you can and can't eat. With that said, over-time you'll figure out how to read labels and figure out if it's a "GO" or a "NO". Now, that's the diet. And not the only part, you need a work-out routine. Don't know if your a male or a female so the routine will vary. For both, I can say to start off for 30-Days you can do a body-weight routine.

Push-ups
Squats
Pull-ups
Sit-ups
Mountain Climbers

Now, for this you need to do about 200 of each. Except the pull-ups, you may or may not be able to do this right away so it's something to work too. Do it in as many sets as needed, such as 8X10 to get the 200. 8 Sets of 10 with a 30 second break, that will reach 200 and your set. When you can do the set numbers, start increasing by groups of 50 and so on for the 30-Days. Then I can set you up further. Google these exercies but make sure you find "Body-weight" ones.

Want more information? PM ME!

Oh, with that said: I recommend consulting a phyiscian before starting any diet or work-out regimen

(#9 (permalink)) Old
soccerchick16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Weight! - March 11th 2009, 02:35 AM

I am a female. And I have decided to do bicycling 4 times a week and the other days crunches, pull-ups, push ups, hula hooping, etc. No snacks like chocolate, chips, but more like fruits and veggies. Diet Soda, Propel, Tea, Green Tea. Tell me if this would work and help me lose XX lbs by August or even sooner maybe?

Last edited by Stacey; March 11th 2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: No weight figures, it's against our rules.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Weight! - March 11th 2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchick16 View Post
I am a female. And I have decided to do bicycling 4 times a week and the other days crunches, pull-ups, push ups, hula hooping, etc. No snacks like chocolate, chips, but more like fruits and veggies. Diet Soda, Propel, Tea, Green Tea. Tell me if this would work and help me lose XX lbs by August or even sooner maybe?
I wouldn't drink diet soda, in some ways it is worse than regular. Propel is good and green tea is one of my personal favorites. Drink the diet green tea though, honestly it taste better then the regular. I don't watch my weight and I would still rather have the diet over the regular.

Last edited by Rob; January 4th 2017 at 07:17 PM.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Weight! - March 11th 2009, 07:18 PM

Propel is a vitamin water, is it not? Many of you arn't aware the damages vitamin water and other sports drinks really do take toll on your body.

With that said,

I can honestly say the bicycling will be over-doing it, along with the routine you have set. You can PM me for a perfect routine, and regarding the diet: Diet Soda is okay but be aware of Aspartame, and stay away from black pop. Aspartame is supposed to have something to do with the soliders who experience the Gulf War Syndrome, therefor it causes other effects on your body as a whole.

Stay away from fat burners. For food, get in lot's of protein, low carb, vegatables, rice, chicken, tuna, and NO PROCCESSED OR PRESERVED FOODS THAT INCLUDES ANY JUNK FOOD, GAS STATION SNACKS, POPCORN, COTTON CANDY, CHURROS AND FAST FOOD THAT FOOD DOES NOT EXIST IN YOUR LIFE NOW!!

Google Low Gluyscemic, find the GO and NO list, check off the foods you like on the GO list and purchase them.

If you really want to loose a certain amount of weight by August, PM ME! I don't bite and I can help you further through PM or e-mail then I can on here. I can lay you out an exact, easy, succesful diet and routine that got me to loose XX lbs of pure body-fat between October and this day today. Wait, more then XX lbs. I was XXX October 31st and today I'm XXX lbs

(TEEN HELP PLEASE DONT DELETE THIS POST OR WEIGHT, IT IS FOR MOTIVATIONAL PURPOSES)

-------------------------------------------

Any weight numbers are not allowed on TeenHelp, as you obviously are aware of, not to mention the other users above who had weights they posted removed.

Edited by DrowningAngel

Last edited by drowningangel; March 11th 2009 at 08:55 PM.

Closed Thread