TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Haley

Acne - March 11th 2009, 02:29 PM

Okay, so about 2 years ago I finally got around to going to the doctor to see about my skin. I don't have bad spots on my face (Unless i'm on my period which sometimes makes me break out) but my back is really bad with acne. I went to see my doctor, who prescribed me with medicine. I was on it for a while but it wasn't helping, and it was making me sweat a lot so I tried a different kind. There were no side effects or anything, but again it didn't work very well. I then got put on yet another type of medicine, and after a couple of months just gave up. There's a stronger drug, but I'd have to go to hospital for checks every now and then, which scares me so much.

I've spent so much money on beauty products etc to try and even help my spots, but it wont go away. It makes me feel so depressed, and I can't stand my girlfriend seeing it either. She insists it's fine, but I know it's not. It's disgusting. It's totally messed up my confidence even though it's hidden most of the time. I can't go swimming either, which I loved so much.

Anybody got anything to recommend that I could try? I'm getting sick of it

Also, I'm in the UK so American products etc wouldn't be an option unless I could order online.

Thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Bongo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Acne - March 12th 2009, 10:38 PM

IF you get small break outs just controll them with spot cream before it develps. Wash Lots... Everytime your home wash your face when you get in. I get spots now and again and get small break outs but i use a special soap and spotcream and it soon clears up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Farron Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Farron :)

Re: Acne - March 12th 2009, 11:02 PM

Well, I tend to have that problem every now and then.

My main products I use are Clean and Clear: Sensitive Foaming Facial Cleaner (as a body wash and for my face) and when I get out of the shower - I put Vaseline on my back, neck, and face.

I've gone through everything (Proactive, Revlon, Nuetrogena) and yet, I finally just wanted my body to feel clean and this is where I am now. It has been working fantastically...although I hope I didn't just jinx myself

At first, the Vaseline will feel 'ooky' but it'll eventually be absorbed by your skin and protect your skin/heal your bumps. When you get ready in the morning, wash your face with just a regular wet washcloth because it will most likely be oily (or do the clean and clear again, whichever you want) and dab vaseline back on before you put on makeup.

Sorry, that was a mouthfull but it's what seems to work for me. It wasn't a 2 days ritual, it's probably been at its best after I had done it for a week or so. Remember not to pick at your skin even though it's pretty tempting :/

Hope things get better!

Be Safe.

xx Farron

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Roberts

"And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you: yes, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood." Isaiah 1:15

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
rhapsody Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Acne - March 12th 2009, 11:17 PM

Firstly, if you don't know already, be careful using spotcreams in case they contain hydrogen peroxide which will bleach you're clothes. Yeah, I learnt about that one the hard way
Obviously use good face wash on skin once/twice a day but be careful not to wash too much or you'll just get more spots.
But apart from that, nothing else to add as everyone above has mentioned everything I was going to say

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Joshie Offline
Just Myself
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joshh

Re: Acne - March 13th 2009, 12:03 AM

if you wash to much you open your pores to let even more in.
soo be careful there.
Proactive works but idk if u can get it,
I use clean&clean 2x a day also
my skin feels like ive use lotion forever yet never have

Growing up is fun; So get out there and Experience new things.

JUST BE SAFE DURING ALL THIS FUN.
~Josh
  Send a message via MSN to Joshie  
Closed Thread