TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Hungry ALL the time - August 31st 2011, 05:39 AM

okay so i've never really had a steady eating pattern i did for a while i'd eat six small meals a day but as summer came around i stopped eating propper meals and starting eating more or less just when im hungry until im full. I find that during the day i dont eat much but then at night i'm REALLY hungry and can eat ALL the or some days im hungry ALL the time and can eat anything and everything, i have been on the pill for 2 weeks ish now and heard that it can increase your apetite does this have thing to do with it or is it normal and because im a going teenager? is it potentially bad for my health?

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Hungry ALL the time - August 31st 2011, 06:06 AM

Have you noticed your hunger increasing after starting the pill, or was it like this before?
It sounds like it could be a side effect, but it can also be from hormones. I know a lot of people eat when they're bored or have nothing better to do, so maybe that could be the cause?

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Hungry ALL the time - August 31st 2011, 06:48 AM

i ate like this before but not as much...it just doesnt feel like i stay full anymore or when i am full its harder not to eat anymore before when i was full i could will myself not to make a sammich now its like im DYING for one

It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hungry ALL the time - August 31st 2011, 02:44 PM

It's not a very nice subject to discuss, but have you been checked for worms?

"You, and only you alone,
Can build a bridge across the stream..."

TeenHelper since 07/07/2005.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Hungry ALL the time - August 31st 2011, 05:27 PM

No, I don't see how I could have worms...wouldn't I be losing a ton of weight very quickly and feeling exhausted despite how much i eat?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hungry ALL the time - August 31st 2011, 05:53 PM

Yeah, you would.

I just wanted to check that you didn't have any symptoms. Glad to hear that you don't.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Hungry ALL the time - August 31st 2011, 08:16 PM

well its just that i went to calgary for two weeks and before that i had gotten down to an X amount of pounds but im sure i gained it all back now because i stopped eating at certain times a day and just when im hungry until im full. which is feels like thats what im doing now but i cant help but to notice about much that means i eat...i feels like i'll eat everything in the kitchen sometimes :S

(#8 (permalink)) Old
FairyPoppins Offline
Never give up.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Hungry ALL the time - September 8th 2011, 01:56 AM

Perhaps you're having a sudden "growth spurt" and your body therefore requires more food? It can happen.

Or as you said at the start, it could be the Pill that is increasing your appetite.

If you are seriously worried, or start to gain an unhealthy amount of weight, you should speak to your doctor.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Hungry ALL the time - September 8th 2011, 02:05 AM

It could be the things you are eating. Depending on what you eat it can leave you very full after a decent meal or it could leave you hungry despite gorging out all day.

Less sugar and more wholegrains can help.
Eat whole fruit instead of fruit juices or other snacks. Eating a whole fruit is harder on your body, which is actually good. It causes your body to work so your insulin doesn't sky rocket, which can cause you to feel hungry.
Also, eating more protein (salmon, red meat, chicken) can make you feel fuller.
Along with low sugar content, don't use low-fat products. They are generally high in sugar which just makes your body spaz and you feel hungry. The only thing that is okay to have low-fat in is Dairy products.

I hope this helps. And this is actually all very healthy to lose weight or maintain your weight.
You can gain weight on these guidelines too. Just depends on many factors.

So, summary: MUCH less sugar content, more protein, no low-fat foods.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Hungry ALL the time - September 8th 2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
It could be the things you are eating. Depending on what you eat it can leave you very full after a decent meal or it could leave you hungry despite gorging out all day.

Less sugar and more wholegrains can help.
Eat whole fruit instead of fruit juices or other snacks. Eating a whole fruit is harder on your body, which is actually good. It causes your body to work so your insulin doesn't sky rocket, which can cause you to feel hungry.
Also, eating more protein (salmon, red meat, chicken) can make you feel fuller.
Along with low sugar content, don't use low-fat products. They are generally high in sugar which just makes your body spaz and you feel hungry. The only thing that is okay to have low-fat in is Dairy products.

I hope this helps. And this is actually all very healthy to lose weight or maintain your weight.
You can gain weight on these guidelines too. Just depends on many factors.

So, summary: MUCH less sugar content, more protein, no low-fat foods.

thanks. for my diet since i am into kick boxing and hopefully mma i need to eat like a fighter so knowing what to eat isn't the problem i need to eat things high in protein. I'm lactose in tolerant. i dont eat much fruit except on days that will be busy or before/after work outs. im not supposed to have carbs (ie rice, pasta, etc) except maybe once or twice a week....basically this is what i TRY to eat like but not at normal meal times mostly i dont even much during the day but ALOT at night. but yesterday i was able to weigh myself and i actually LOST XXX. im hoping this keeps up im XXX away from what i weighed before i started kickboxing yay!

Last edited by Pandamonium; September 8th 2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: No weight numbers, please.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Hungry ALL the time - September 8th 2011, 02:58 PM

Well, do you have any other symptoms other than being hungry? Are you especially tired - fatigued? Does your throat hurt? Etc.

Depending on the symptoms it may be hypothyroidism which can cause constant hunger. Usually very easily treated and low risk of complications. But it is something that needs to be taken care of if this might be what you have.

Otherwise, the only other suggestion is to make sure you are actually hungry and it's not your brain thinking you are. It's hard to differentiate, but it's actually quite common.

If you cannot seem to get it under control, I'd definitely suggest a doctor as feeling hungry often can be several things. Some more severe than others, and it should be looked at.

Keep trying different things but I would suggest a doctor when you are able to.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Re: Hungry ALL the time - September 8th 2011, 09:39 PM

I just get really bad heartburns sometimes when I'm hungry

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Hungry ALL the time - September 8th 2011, 10:16 PM

I've also recently started the pill and my appetite has increased quite a lot as well. Besides an increase in breast size, I haven't had any weight gain.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
Closed Thread