TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kaitlin9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

doesnt seem to work - September 1st 2011, 09:29 AM

ive been on a diet and exercise routine for a while now as i am unhappy with my weight i eat pretty healthy i cant seem to eat as much as i used to be able to but i cant seem to shift the weight i swim 3 times a week bout 1km each time and do sport in school and the night i don't swim i have my own little routine of exercises but i find i cant exercises to hard due to scoliosis and a fracture in my spine.. is there any other way i can loose the weight all ive noticed is a few muscles appear but no weight loss

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: doesnt seem to work - September 1st 2011, 10:05 AM

Well, you're seeing muscles appear. That generally means you've done one of three things:
1. Lost fat, resulting in your muscles being more prominent.
2. Gained muscle, resulting in your fat being less noticeable.
3. Both of the above.

So, it sounds like it's working. Failing that, the only thing you could possibly say is that you're fourteen and some of that weight will come off as you get older - you'll grow upwards, most likely.

Because in the end, it doesn't even matter.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: doesnt seem to work - September 1st 2011, 02:22 PM

Just remember that muscle isn't weightless. I'm not sure how it works for most people, but being 14 and I'm assuming a girl, I wouldn't be surprised if you DID grow out of it but I don't think it'd be growing upwards (I don't know many girls that grew in height passed 7th or 8th grade).

Is it really your weight you're upset with, or is it how you look at that weight? Keep in mind that a lot of people feel they need to lose weight when they're at a healthy weight, what they really want is to tone and get rid of some fat. If you feel like you just CAN'T lose any, and that it's not muscle, I'd say go to a doctor because it seems like you are eating right and exercising. However, I don't know exactly what your diet is so I'm just guessing.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

Closed Thread