TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Giant blisters - September 10th 2011, 03:07 AM

I just started a lyrical jazz dance class yesterday. The class is 1 1/2 hours, and I danced barefoot. Anyways, now I have GIANT blisters on the bottoms of my big toes (they cover almost the whole bottom of both my big toes). I had to pop them so I could walk today at school, but now they swelled up again (even more this time). I cleaned the needle I popped them with using rubbing alcohol so they didn't get infected, though.

My problem is, once the blisters heal, the outer skin will come off, exposing really raw, tender skin. Since I have to keep dancing, I'm concerned about this, since I'm afraid it'll just keep blistering over and over, and not heal. I guess my question is what can I do to help them heal, and how can I build up a callous there again, cause it'll really suck to dance on completely raw skin.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Giant blisters - September 10th 2011, 05:13 AM

Honestly, the best thing you can do is to not dance barefoot. If you can wrap your feet with medical tape or put some sort of padding between your feet and the floor, that would be best. Otherwise you will likely just continue to get blisters. At least tape your toes up.

Also, if you pop them be sure to put bandaids on them along with BFI Powder when you are able to air them out. BFI powder will help dry the raw area. Also, once you notice an area on your foot that is red, swollen, and/or sore, that is your cue to wrap it up so it will not turn into a blister.

I hope this helps!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kady

Re: Giant blisters - September 12th 2011, 02:27 AM

hey, i used to get some pretty big blisters on my feet from dance as well. i found using a product called new skin was super helpful. also pick up some blister pads too if you can. you can find these just about anywhere.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CaptainCastle Offline
Should I call you Captain?
Average Joe

Name: Ry

Re: Giant blisters - September 14th 2011, 01:10 PM

Blister plasters are amazing. I don't know what the brand would be wherever you live, so you'd just have to go looking for them, but they work really well and actually help to heal them.

PM/VM me anytime

Joined TH 24/06/05
  Send a message via MSN to CaptainCastle  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Giant blisters - September 14th 2011, 03:55 PM

Awwww....this is very painful! You shouldn't have popped the blisters, though. The outer skin, even though it's painful, protects the damaged inner tissue where the fluid is from infection and speeds the healing process.

It;s important now to keep the area clean and dry and put on an antibiotic cream, and a band aid, to prevent infection!

In the future, don't dance barefoot! For the time being, go easy on your feet (this might mean taking a break from dancing!). The area will heal, and if you continue to dance (or do anything that exerts new pressure on the area) it will naturally harden up a bit.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

Closed Thread