TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

eating habits - September 19th 2011, 03:16 AM

i eat really bad on the weekends but then during the week im super healthy working out, eating right and taking diet pills
so is it okay to splurge on the weekends?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: eating habits - September 19th 2011, 06:20 AM

Hey there,

It's okay to splurge on any day, as long as you correlate a healthy diet and exercise with it. No one day should be all unhealthy food. If you have a doughnut for breakfast, you should compensate by having a healthy rest of the day. But it's okay to have days off from diets. It doensn't make you a bad person. Plus there are days, such as birthdays, or Superbowl Sunday where you deserve to just kick back and have something tasty to eat. Don't beat yourself up with it.

Are the diet pills you are taking prescribed or recommended by a doctor? Those can be very dangerous for you if they are not. I would recommend you see a doctor about your pills, along with getting advice about your a diet. A nutritionist can tell you if your diet is healthy, whether your exercise routine is healthy, and give you tips about which foods to splurge with.

Message me if you ever need anything!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: eating habits - September 19th 2011, 06:27 AM

Hey there, I've moved your thread to General Health because I think it fits better there.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: eating habits - September 19th 2011, 06:21 PM

It's okay to splurge every once in a while. Since you're only doing it on the weekends, there is nothing wrong with. Jillian Michaels, one of Hollywood's toughest trainers has even said that there is nothing wrong with splurging, as long as you continue to work out and eat healthy.

I also think diet pills might be a bad idea. They can cause a lot of problems, and you should do a bit more research on the type of diet pill your taking, just in case.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: eating habits - September 20th 2011, 04:47 PM

It is alright to splurge, as long as it's not splurging every day all day

It's fine to eat some desserts or some extra food here and there, especially if you are working out and eating right the rest of the time. The best way to stay healthy is to give yourself a treat It makes you keep eating healthily because you ARE able to have what you crave still.

I agree with Shannon, most diet pills aren't good for you or don't work like they say they do. So definitely research into that. A family member was given a diet pill which actually made her do the opposite - she got extremely hungry and couldn't stop eating! So they had to switch the pills.

Hope these replies help

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: eating habits - September 21st 2011, 02:31 AM

the diet pill is oxyelite pro i did a lot of research on it

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: eating habits - September 21st 2011, 06:30 AM

Diet pills have always been a popular type of drug in the pharmacology business but they have also been amongst the most scandalous. OxyElite Pro is not actually a diet pill as its primary ingredient is dimethylamylamine (DMAA), which can be extracted from geranium flowers. OxyElite Pro mixes DMAA with caffeine, and the result is an energy booster and body-building ingredient. In 2010, The New Zealand Medical Journal: Journal of the New Zealand Medical Association published a short 4-page paper, in which they described DMAA as a "party pill" and the subsequent cerebral hemorrage a 21-year old male suffered after taking just 2 pills. Interestingly enough, it's not a new drug at all, it was made in the 1950s but instead of swallowing a pill, it was administered via nasal spray (i.e. allows for by-passing of first past effect to liver). http://journal.nzma.org.nz/journal/1...80/content.pdf

Also, according to the Navy Drug Screening Laboratory in Jacksonville, Florida, DMAA has behavioural effects similar to a weak amphetamine stimulant. For example, they state it causes euphoria, increased mood, increased energy, confidence, mental clarity and gives one hell of an adrenaline rush. They too refer to DMAA as nothing more than a "party pill" that became popular after a similar drug (ephedra) was banned by the US in 2006. http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/jaxdru...ep%2011%29.pdf

Point is, it may help you lose weight but it's questionable whether that is its main goal. If you look at the full list of ingredients, it explains that it shoots up your T3 and T4 levels, acts as an alpha-2-receptor antagonist (thereby can shoot up your blood pressure) and admits it is a weak amphetamine. http://www.oxyelite-pro.com/oxyelite-pro-ingredients

Keep taking it if you want but be aware of what it is. Ever since the case described in the New Zealand Medical Journal, DMAA was given a second look as something that may not be as safe as once thought.

Regarding your diet, it's hard to give an answer because it'd be best if you provide a sample of your healthy eating and splurge eating.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread