TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RainFlower Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: RainFlower

Healthy diet..? - September 25th 2011, 11:44 PM

Hello everybody!
i need some advice on a healthy diet.
a little over two years ago I had some problems with extreme dieting. My parents found out and freaked. At the time I had no ideo how serious starving myself was.
That was two years ago. I dont hate the way I look anymore!!! Im happy with myself! I want to take care of myself and be healthy! Buy I have recentlu noticed that I barely fit into any of my jeans anymore. So I want to lose alittle of the chub lol.
i dont want to talk to my parents about whats a normal amount of daily calories, because I know that they wont understand im trying to be healthy. Theyll think im extreme dieting again...
so I need all of you guys opinions!!(:
Im not very active, but I have been trying to excersise a little more.
Thanks everybody!

Ps please dpnt just tell me that whatever im eating is too little.What I have found online says more than what I think is right, and is waaaay too much lol. So just helpful advice please!! Thanks!(:

So you screwed me? So what?
Me? I made Love to you.<3

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; September 26th 2011 at 01:54 AM. Reason: No calories or weight numbers, please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Healthy diet..? - September 26th 2011, 01:57 AM

Most the sites on healthy dieting is correct. You should get a decent amount of calorie intake, but be sure you are eating the right foods. If you eat the right foods, eat as much calories as the reliable sites suggest, and exercise the right amount of time and exercises....you'll lose weight healthily.

There are plenty of "diet calculators" on the web. Just go to google and type in "weight loss calculator". You put in your age, weight, height, and the weight you want to get to. Some will tell you what types of foods to eat, others will tell you what exercises to do and how many calories you should have.

Ideally, what you have found online is correct. Again, just be sure to eat the right proportions of the right foods and exercise.

Look up online "How many calories do crunches burn?" etc. depending on what exercise you want to do. Tightening muscles also takes away "chubbiness". So you don't lose any weight, you just turn it into muscle.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
warnner-lain Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Healthy diet..? - October 4th 2011, 11:43 AM

You should use vegetable and salad of every type.
And Kelly also say very well,I agreed with her.
Thanks for sharing your problem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Healthy diet..? - October 5th 2011, 01:52 AM

I don’t believe in a diet, to me there’s only a life style choice. Healthy choices would be to drink water over soda and juices which can really help keep the weight down. Eating three meals a day consisting of healthy foods such as fish, eggs, rice, vegetables, pasta and anything else that would be considered healthy. Try to avoid fast food, unless there’s a healthy alternative like subway.

Snaking really takes a toll when you start munching on chips and chocolate bars, the less you eat between meals the better, unless it’s a healthy choice like an apple. Just be mindful of everything you eat although I’d never go so far as to count calories because some days you need more energy then others. Anytime I eat something I do it in moderation there’s nothing wrong with treating yourself to something just don’t over do it.

In a nut shell I think if you try to keep your eyes on healthier choices there’s no need to count calories because there’s no right answer to what your intake should be. As I mentioned above if you take anything away from this post just know that switching to water as your main drink for three meals plus snacks will really help you because there’s no calories in it. If your interested head to a health food store or a pharmacy and see what vitamin supplements there are to take at dinner time.

These are just a few pointers I try to live by.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Healthy diet..? - October 6th 2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
I donít believe in a diet, to me thereís only a life style choice. Healthy choices would be to drink water over soda and juices which can really help keep the weight down. Eating three meals a day consisting of healthy foods such as fish, eggs, rice, vegetables, pasta and anything else that would be considered healthy. Try to avoid fast food, unless thereís a healthy alternative like subway.

Snaking really takes a toll when you start munching on chips and chocolate bars, the less you eat between meals the better, unless itís a healthy choice like an apple. Just be mindful of everything you eat although Iíd never go so far as to count calories because some days you need more energy then others. Anytime I eat something I do it in moderation thereís nothing wrong with treating yourself to something just donít over do it.

In a nut shell I think if you try to keep your eyes on healthier choices thereís no need to count calories because thereís no right answer to what your intake should be. As I mentioned above if you take anything away from this post just know that switching to water as your main drink for three meals plus snacks will really help you because thereís no calories in it. If your interested head to a health food store or a pharmacy and see what vitamin supplements there are to take at dinner time.

These are just a few pointers I try to live by.
Agreed. I recently started switching some sodas out for water & cutting back on junk food & I feel soo much healthier.

Closed Thread