TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abreacti0n Offline
Scars are Silent Screams
Average Joe

Name: Maria

Exclamation I think I got bitten by the Asian Tiger Mosquito - September 29th 2011, 04:10 PM

Shit.

I have like these HUGE 3 bites on my leg which are really itching a LOT. And then this mosquito came on my arm and I immediately recognized the black and a bit of the white ... can someone tell me what I can do for the unbearable itch? and also what should i do now??

~ I am Lost Between Fighting and Giving Up ~

The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Tumblr

PM / VM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: I think I got bitten by the Asian Tiger Mosquito - September 29th 2011, 05:02 PM

Hey there!

I highly doubt it was the Asian Tiger Mosquito, but in case it is, you might want to get the bite checked out by a doctor. As you know, we aren't doctors and can't provide such medical advice to you. It's unfortunate, but truthful.

For the itching/swelling, they do have sprays and creams that help. I used an antiseptic cream on a piercing before to help with the itching and swelling when it began to heal, and it worked great. Your best bet would be to try to find some in your home, or take the plunge and buy some from the nearest pharmacy. It doesn't require a prescription.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: I think I got bitten by the Asian Tiger Mosquito - September 30th 2011, 02:26 PM

Shannon was very informative and told you everything I could say. I can add that I use Hydrocortisone cream. There are some different types, but they are all pretty good. Caladryl is also pretty good. Otherwise try some ice packs if the bites are still swollen. This helps numb the itch for a little while as well as make the swelling go down.

Try not to scratch it and don't rub it against anything. Bandaids might help for the first few days. As Shannon said, I doubt it was the Asian Tiger Mosquito but if you are concerned tell an adult and see a doctor. Also, record the date you were bit and if you notice any signs of illness within 14 days after, go to the doctor/ER ASAP. It may be coincidence but it can't hurt to be safe.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I think I got bitten by the Asian Tiger Mosquito - September 30th 2011, 04:22 PM

Anti-itch cream? It shouldn't be hard to find.

Monitor the bite and how you are feeling, and if you start to feel sick then see a doctor.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: I think I got bitten by the Asian Tiger Mosquito - September 30th 2011, 06:46 PM

This is a website of ways to make bug bites stop itching.
http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Mosquito-Bites-from-Itching

"'Colie, you should never be surprised when people treat you with respect. You should expect it.'
I shook my head. 'You don't know--' I began. But, as usual, she didn't let me finish.
'Yes,' she said simply, 'I do know. I've watched you, Colie. You walk around like a dog waiting to be kicked. And when someone does, you pout and cry like you didn't deserve it.'
'No one deserves to be kicked,' I said.
'I disagree,' she said flatly. 'You do if you don't think you're worth any better...'"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Re: I think I got bitten by the Asian Tiger Mosquito - October 2nd 2011, 10:40 AM

Don't scratch, you'll spread contaminants from the bite through the site of the bites and increase inflammation. Which will make it worse.

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

Closed Thread