TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jodie <3

Question Whats Going On? - March 20th 2009, 04:19 PM

I never has a eating disorder. I love food too much. But after i moved out of my parents house food is hard to come by. My daily diet would be like candy, junk food and buger king. I know that i have very poor eating habits but thats what i was raised on. Fast food. But anyways i have bumped into a old friend the other day at the mall and he was like "Did your boobs shrink?" i was like yea i think so. He asked me if i had been eating i said yea i eat when i can and what i can. Most of the time i have no money so the dollar meun is all i'll get.

But I dont know i'm just kinda upset about this whole loosing weight from my boobs instead of my tummy. anyone know whats going on?

Peace
Be Safe!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Whats Going On? - March 20th 2009, 07:14 PM

Hello Jodie!
Well; as no one here is a medical professional - we cannot be 100% sure as to why you lost weight in that particular area but it just so happens that when one wants to lose/gain weight in the certain area - it usually doesn't happen as we can't tell our body what areas we want to shrink or expand therefore it does it in the unwanted places. Unfortunately; that's just how it is. We can't pick and choose.

I would definitely enquire about getting some financial help because it sounds as though you are eating a very poor diet at the moment and although these junk meals have a lot of calories packed in - they have very little else; no fibre, no minerals, vitamins etc! It's just fat, sugar and tons of calories which just leads to artery clogging as it's not even the good fat; it's the saturated fat - which explains why you're losing weight and not gaining.

So yes; do speak to someone about this if possible. It would be extremely beneficial to see your dietician as well; who can help figure out a good healthy-eating diet, suited to your needs.

Good luck and take care!

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Whats Going On? - March 20th 2009, 07:40 PM

Hm...I think I'm going to move this to General Health as I think you'll get more replies there than in Eating Disorders. If anyone disagrees feel free to move back. [:

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Whats Going On? - March 20th 2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingButterF[SIZE="2"
ly;87919]I never has a eating disorder. I love food too much. B
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingButterF[SIZE="2"
ut after i moved out of my parents house food is hard to come by. My daily diet would be like candy, junk food and buger king. I know that i have very poor eating habits but thats what i was raised on. Fast food. But anyways i have bumped into a old friend the other day at the mall and he was like "Did your boobs shrink?" i was like yea i think so. He asked me if i had been eating i said yea i eat when i can and what i can. Most of the time i have no money so the dollar meun is all i'll get.

But I dont know i'm just kinda upset about this whole loosing weight from my boobs instead of my tummy. anyone know whats going on?
I know exactly what you mean. Food is a HUGE deal now huh? I moved out the night of my 18th birthday with my boyfriend. Money is important, and food is hard to come by. And since he gets off at 9-10 at night, no one wants to cook and we go out. Fast food is sometimes the only thing we eat.

All I can tell you is get the basics in the house... Like these.

-Spaghetti noodles and sauce.
-Boxes mac and cheese
-Top Ramen
-A bunch of diet soda.
-Orange juice
-Some kind of fruit
-Hamburger
-Hamburger helper
-Tortillas
-Cheese
-Eggs

Those are foods that are cheap and can be used for all kind of things. That's some of the stuff I have at my house.
[/size]

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
Closed Thread