TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Question sudden chest pains - October 27th 2011, 06:14 AM

so like the title says I have been getting sudden sharp chest pains that come and I freak out and hit my self in the chest with my fist and it goes away almost immediately this hasnt happened in a couple of weeks and it happened tonight I havent told my mom ( she wouldn't believe me) she would say that i need to loose weight (im [EDIT] at 5'5") so im a little over weight I go to karate twice every week it never happens there and we do some high impact stuff
I dont know what it could be

Wherever your heart is there will your tresure lie also

Last edited by Gingerbread Latte; November 2nd 2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Weight figures aren't allowed on TeenHelp

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: sudden chest pains - October 27th 2011, 06:38 AM

Is there anything else that occurs alongside the chest pains? Where does the pain occur (i.e. is it localized or does it spread out to various different parts)? What time of day does it usually occur or does it occur randomly? Also, is there any feeling of tingling or pins and nails?

Also, is there a family history of cardiovascular complications, diabetes, smoking, high cholesterol, atherosclerosis or acid reflux and heartburn? The most easily treatable one would be acid reflux as it can cause sharp pains at the chest and you can get over-the-counter medications or prescription medications to treat it. When I was in my senior year of high-school, I had a class-mate who had acid reflux and he was at a normal weight, perfectly healthy with the exception of smoking cigarettes.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Re: sudden chest pains - October 27th 2011, 07:05 AM

The pain is usually over my left chest right over my heart it occurs randomly I have a family history of all of that except atherosclerosis there is not a tingling sensation or a feeling of pins and needles

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: sudden chest pains - November 1st 2011, 11:57 PM

I get them too. I literally had to go to the hospital for it. They said there is nothing to worry about. Today I just started getting them again, so I'm going to my doctor's again. When I find out, I can share more information with you.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#5 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Re: sudden chest pains - November 2nd 2011, 02:40 AM

ok thank you very much!!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
blackrabbit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: sudden chest pains - November 14th 2011, 12:45 PM

woah...this might be a little creepy but this sounds a lot like me. I get random chest pains, over my heart. 5'3"(also a little over weight not much though) and i also take karate class twice a week, on occasion 3 times a week.
seriously not trying to be a creeper! but my chest pains are starting concern me also, i don't know what is causing them. I'm afraid to tell anyone since my family doesn't have a lot of money, i dont want to have to go to the hospital...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
David14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: David

Re: sudden chest pains - November 19th 2011, 10:47 PM

Hi All,

i have the same problem and when i go to A&E they turn around and say there is nothing they can not do as it is down to anxiety and stress

hope the above info helps
take Care
From
David14

Closed Thread