TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
matt.w Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matthew

Cancer - December 28th 2011, 11:25 PM

So I was diagnosed with Brain Cancer 4 years ok and was told I will only live for 30 days and I am still alive. I just had chemo today a 5 hour session and I am feeling really weak and tired. I will be in the hospital for a while possible a month. I am scared that I might die but I am prepared if I am going to die I just feel like I have a lot more to live for.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Cancer - December 28th 2011, 11:45 PM

Don't give up your incredibly strong and you made it this far. I have faith in you and for what it's worth you deffinatley inspired me

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Re: Cancer - December 29th 2011, 12:13 AM

To me it sounds like you're a fighter. Keep thinking positively and don't let it get you down. Try and think that you need to live life to the full. You need to ensure that you get what you want and live each day to the max.

Try and sleep as much as possible- I know it's tedious and you're fed-up of feeling tired. But chemo really does suck. It's a very draining thing. What my friend does is when she's completed one cycle she sleeps as much as possible for the first couple of days and then goes out and enjoys herself. She plans that day from the first day of the next cycle and it's something for her to focus on. Maybe you could try this?
I am so sorry you have been given this diagnosis- i'm sure you're sick of hearing that one too. But think of it this way- you've already made it past the 30 days that the medical professionals gave you. Keep smiling.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Cancer - December 29th 2011, 12:16 AM

You are so incredibly strong for making it past the 30 days you were given and making it 4 extra years. You keep a positive attitude and keep on going strong no matter what. Okay? I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. xxxx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
matt.w Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matthew

Re: Cancer - December 29th 2011, 03:32 PM

well I found out some bad news yesterday i have to stay in the hospital for a while. having another surgery on friday because the cancer causes me to have multiple seizures a day.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Siren❤ Offline
Average Joe

Name: ILH♡

Re: Cancer - December 29th 2011, 04:15 PM

Can I just say, you truly are an inspiration to me, as your attitude is so positive and you are so brave in hard circumstances. I wish you the best of luck in hospital - if you ever want a chat whenever feel free to PM me. Stay strong <3333 Good luck.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Cancer - December 29th 2011, 08:46 PM

Matthew, you are such an inspiration to me. The doctors gave you 30 days and you have lived for 4 more years! Sounds to me like you're a fighter. So, don't let the bad news get you down. Keep fighting and try to hold onto a positive attitude. Shoot me a message if you'd like to talk, okay?

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#8 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Cancer - December 29th 2011, 09:14 PM

Just keep telling yourself you will make it. I know it's hard. You are an inspiration to so many.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

Closed Thread