TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thebigman Offline
monky
Welcome me, I'm new!

how to look thinner - January 15th 2012, 02:47 AM

I'm fat I've tried to lose weight and fail time and time again so I've him learned to live with it but is there any way to look of little thinner some people except me but other people make fun of me it used to bother me so I figured out you can just beat them up but that's getting old to so does anyone have any ways to the liberal thinner

(#2 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Re: how to look thinner - January 15th 2012, 02:55 AM

Its all about finding the right kind of clothes that fit your body and flatter your shape. But really, if people are "making fun" of how you look, and your a guy, its probably because they're just jealous because they're too small, and I'm seriously saying that because its the truth, not just to make you feel better. I, personally, like guys who have bulk on them, its something I look for in a guy. Instead of taking it as a insult, start looking at it as a compliment. Make them see that it doesn't bother you, and eventually the bullies are going to stop. Join football or another sport, and gain some muscle. I hope this helps you. I don't want to give you advice on how to lose weight, because it hasn't worked for me either. Stay strong

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: how to look thinner - January 15th 2012, 06:50 AM

I know that darker colors can help make you seem slimmer.
But rather than try and look thinner, just start going for short walks everyday. It will make a difference. Try cooking your own meals as well, it will be healthier than buying it. And eat slowly, it takes your body about 15 minutes before it actually feels full. So if you eat slower, you will get full faster and thus eat less.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
AlyDel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa Delaney

Re: how to look thinner - January 15th 2012, 11:56 AM

It's never easy trying to lose weight on your own. If you really want to lose weight, find a friend or family member who is willing to exercise with you and push you so that you don't give up.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: how to look thinner - January 15th 2012, 01:04 PM

Don't bother about the insults. Instead, simply take them as compliments, as leavemealone said. You can join some sport, can't you? And besides, skinny guys aren't that much great, if you ask me. :/ :P xx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: how to look thinner - January 15th 2012, 01:54 PM

Dark clothes, dressing in the right styles of clothing for your body shape and avoiding patterned clothing are all things that I have heard can help you look thinner.

But, in the end your body is your body. You shouldn't feel pressured into looking different by the other kids at school.

There are simple ways to improve your diet and exercise, like walking places instead of taking a bus or car, joining a sports club, rebalancing your plate at meals so you're eating more veg than carbs, small things like that, where you're not actively dieting, just changing your lifestyle slightly. Trying to lose weight by dieting sounds like it's easy but it's actually an incredibly hard way to lose weight because it's not a lifestyle change so it doesn't last long.

Best of luck with whatever you try.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: how to look thinner - January 16th 2012, 02:21 AM

I agree with Raewyn. Guys who have a bit more bulk to them are a thousand times hotter than guys who are skinny or even really fit. If people at school or whatever are ragging on you for being bigger than them, they're probably wishing they looked like you. If you really feel you should be losing weight, then try exercising a bit more and maybe eating less fatty foods. Drinking water helps too. As for just looking thinner, I wear a lot of dark colors and clothes that fit. Not skin-tight or overly baggy, but clothes that fit exactly right. This can actually make a huge difference in how people see you. Quite often, people (not just girls!) who hate their shape tend to hide in clothes that are way too big for them. This will only make you look bigger. Buy two or three pairs of jeans that fit and that make you look good. Skinny jeans and baggy jeans are not the greatest of choices, even if they're 'in style'. Plus, you don't need to spend as much on shirts and sweaters if your jeans are super nice. As for shirts/sweaters/things to clothe your top half, I read somewhere that wearing a thin, good-quality cotton undershirt can help to absorb sweat and make you look generally nicer. Try not to wear the same sweater everyday and make sure it fits well too and is clean. These are all little things but trust me, they do make a difference. (Sorry I kind of wrote you a novel here )

Closed Thread