TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stfu.cuppycake Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie Wale

Question Discharge coming out from belly button; HELP PLEASE. - January 26th 2012, 10:37 PM

Alright, recently I noticed my stomach & belly button is dry. & that my belly button is dirty, I used cotton buds & rubbing alcohol to clean it. Then I put this lotion 'Nivea' around my stomach because it was pretty dry. Then I woke up with red dots on my stomach probably around 5. It was really ITCHY, so I scratched it a couple of times. The next day, I woke up with A LOT MORE. My mum said its a rash, that I should put Vinegar on it to kill the bacteria. So I did, while I was rubbing vinegar on the rash, I saw that my belly button had watery stuff. I wiped it off, it was light yellow & sometimes its white. It doesn't stop! I wipe it every 5 minutes, but it still doesn't stop. I have it right now. I'm really worried :/, is it infected? What do I do? How do I make it stop? & how do I get rid of the rash quickly because it's spreading! I don't want my mum to get worried. ANY ADVICES WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.

Never have I ever Fallen in love. "Happy hunger games, & may the odds be ever in your favor."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Discharge coming out from belly button; HELP PLEASE. - January 26th 2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfu.cuppycake View Post
Alright, recently I noticed my stomach & belly button is dry. & that my belly button is dirty, I used cotton buds & rubbing alcohol to clean it. Then I put this lotion 'Nivea' around my stomach because it was pretty dry. Then I woke up with red dots on my stomach probably around 5. It was really ITCHY, so I scratched it a couple of times. The next day, I woke up with A LOT MORE. My mum said its a rash, that I should put Vinegar on it to kill the bacteria. So I did, while I was rubbing vinegar on the rash, I saw that my belly button had watery stuff. I wiped it off, it was light yellow & sometimes its white. It doesn't stop! I wipe it every 5 minutes, but it still doesn't stop. I have it right now. I'm really worried :/, is it infected? What do I do? How do I make it stop? & how do I get rid of the rash quickly because it's spreading! I don't want my mum to get worried. ANY ADVICES WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.
First you have to keep in mind none of us here are professionals so our advice may not always be accurate. I would use a little diaper cream on your tummy. I know it sounds silly but diaper cream works wonders for all sorts of things from mosquito bites, diaper rash and all sorts of other skin irritations; Also it is made for the bum and other very delicate places so it's good for sensitive skin. This is what always has worked best for me in the past but you could use aloe vera gel as well. You can get both items at wal-mart or any shoppers drugmart/london drugs.
As for the discharge I've never heard of a belly button having discharge or becoming infected before. I think you should just keep it clean and if it persists in a day or two asking your doctor about it would be best.

Oh P.S the diaper cream helps with the itchiness as well. Just remember not to scratch

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Discharge coming out from belly button; HELP PLEASE. - January 27th 2012, 01:28 AM

Im thinking its probably infected=( My best friend had the same thing in the fall last year but the difference with her was she didn't get red spots on her tummy and I don't know if hers let out discharge. But i've heard of it happening when belly buttons get infected. I would show your mom and see what she thinks but I think it would be a good idea to go to the doctor. Nothings gonna happen, they will just look at it and give you some lotion to put on it and give you antibiotics for a week.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
stfu.cuppycake Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie Wale

Re: Discharge coming out from belly button; HELP PLEASE. - January 27th 2012, 05:54 AM

Thank you both! I bought diaper cream to try it. As for the belly button, I guess I'll give it two more days & if it doesn't stop I'll tell my mum about it. Thank you again .

Never have I ever Fallen in love. "Happy hunger games, & may the odds be ever in your favor."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: Discharge coming out from belly button; HELP PLEASE. - January 27th 2012, 06:00 PM

No problem. I'm glad we can help. I hope the diaper cream works as well for you as it did for me. I usually put it on burns and stuff.

Best wishes, and take care.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

Closed Thread