TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General Health (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/)
-   -   Feeling faint constantly. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f16-general-health/t93757-feeling-faint-constantly/)

Briana January 28th 2012 03:31 AM

Feeling faint constantly.

Long story short, I have had 5 surgeries within 3 years. I eat properly, I drink enough fluid, but I also don't weigh a lot (built very thin).

I also feel exhausted and black out/ears pop easily...which is usually my warning sign that I am about to faint. I have seen my doctor, but she sent me to a nutritionist to try and gain weight, it did absolutely nothing.

What else could be causing this? I am really sick of it. I'm going to school and my career has loads of standing, I'm terrified of fainting at school. I also go to Physical Therapy twice a week.

Any ideas?

Maverick. January 28th 2012 08:31 AM

Re: Feeling faint constantly.

Are you getting proper nights sleep? Do you drink lots of caffeine, coffee, energy drinks?

Briana January 28th 2012 05:11 PM

I mainly drink juice and water and get anywhere from 6-10hours of sleep a night.

Palmolive January 28th 2012 05:57 PM

have you had blood tests to check you don't that you're not lacking in anything such as b12 or iron. I know before i knew i had a deficancy in iron i was fainting up to four times a day.

blumemusik♫ January 29th 2012 11:35 AM

Yep, Jessie's right, really you need a blood test to determine whether you have some form of deficiency, and really your doctor should have done this when trying to gain weight didn't work. Obviously fainting so often isn't normal, and as it isn't caused by a lifestyle problem (good sleeping, eating and drinking habits) then it's possibly an underlying medical condition.

It also could be a problem such as low blood pressure or another circulatory problem, which again, your doctor would have to diagnose. Other possibilities include stress or other mental problems, so the possible causes are quite broad, and another visit to your doctor would definitely be recommended :)

Hope you feel better soon <3

TheBabyEater January 29th 2012 09:29 PM

I suggest asking about blood tests and a heart monitor. I've had similar experiences, and my fainting caused many seizure-like symptoms. The doctors honestly couldn't figure out from witness recounts whether it was actually a seizure or not.

Anyway, I had head scans, blood tests, and heart monitors done. They're saying I was anemic, dehydrated, with a low blood pressure. Turns out, the medication I was taking for depression caused low blood pressure in some people, so combined with not eating properly and drinking too much soda, everything just went to hell with me.

Does it sound like you're anemic and dehydrated? No, you're eating healthy and drinking the right drinks. But, low blood pressure could be the problem. I heard it is with a lot of skinny built people like us. Or there are loads of other things that it could be, I'm no expert obviously.