TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tracey1212 Offline
thehelpfulone
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tracey

why does all the bad things happen to me?? - February 9th 2012, 11:00 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I went to the doctor today, and the doctor asked me a million questions. (like most doctors do)Then she looked at me seriously and told me that i had all the symptoms for polyistic overies disease. I really cannot take this. It seems like everytime i go to the doctor, they decide to find something that kills me inside to find out. She told me that If i havnt had a minstral cycle in over 2 years, and before they were regular, that it was probally this. I dont understand why every other person in my family is healthy, and i am always sick(not cold-wise sick) but health wise. She also told me that if it was that then i could be at a high risk for developing or even having Endometrium cancer.. I feel like that i cannot take this and that i just want to die. I wish that now i didnt say i wished my life would end early, beacuse now the thought that i may not have controll of that makes me crazy. i dont wanna die, neither by killing myself or by cervical cancer. I dont have anyone to talk to and i dont wanna be alone, i just wanna cry in someone who cares arms, and know that they will be there for me forever.

Tracey A.
-life is not about waiting for what you want, but going out and seeking/finding what you need.

The truth about life: you only get one!!!

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
  Send a message via Yahoo to tracey1212 Send a message via Skype™ to tracey1212 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Re: why does all the bad things happen to me?? - February 10th 2012, 11:42 AM

Hello there,

Your doctor sounds really unprofessional to me. You NEVER say to a patient that they're at high risk of having any form of cancer. What you're supposed to do is look in to the symptoms and then test for it.

Firstly- how old are you? Are you athletic? Would you say you're a healthy weight? (No figures required). Are you on any form of Birth control? I'm going to link you to an external site which gives all of the reasons for why a period may have happened and stopped or why it hadn't started.

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Amenorrhoea.htm Amenorrhoea means the 'absence of menstruation'.

You need to go back to your doctor and ask them to look in to it. If PCOS is the reason behind your lack of periods then your doctor should be starting you on a combined pill to reduce that risk of endometrial cancer.

I'm sorry that this was a flood of information and obviously I cannot diagnose you but you need to go back and get them to do something about this.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: why does all the bad things happen to me?? - February 10th 2012, 01:48 PM

I agree with Lottie. This was not handled professionally. There are several reasons your period may be absent.

Have you been on birth control? If so, did you have periods while on birth control? I have a condition where my body doesn't have a period unless on birth control. I had regular periods for the first two years. Then they became irregular until I never had one for three years.

Started bc and had them regularly. Weened off bc and now I'm getting periods more regularly again.

So, it could be amenorrhoea, which usually isn't caused by anything major. Or it could be your body doesn't produce enough hormones.

And before you get too freaked out, find out if you have PCOS, first.

Feel free to PM me. Calm down. Breathe. Also, PCOS is very treatable. Most women who have it do not have any complications and get pregnant with surgical procedures and treatment. You are at risk of endometrial cancer, but it's not a sure thing.

So, find out first.

Closed Thread