Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
blair606 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!
blair606's Avatar

Posts: 9
Join Date: February 22nd 2009

HPV?? - March 30th 2009, 01:44 AM

I have a large bump on my vagina. While feeling around the surrounding area and pressing down around it I can tell the bump is thick. Could this be an HPV bump?! I know you can't diagnose me, but does anybody have an idea of what this could be? It only hurts when pressed or I cross my legs...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?
MadPoet's Avatar
Name: Amanda.
Age: 25
Gender: Female.
Location: Michigan.

Posts: 4,685
Blog Entries: 121
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: HPV?? - March 30th 2009, 02:31 AM

This could be a number of things. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of HPV right away, though. I would suggest making an appointment with your doctor, though, for sure. I'm not sure what it could definitely be, and your doctor is really the only person who can give you definite answers. Best of luck. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Marie Offline
Not a n00b
Marie's Avatar
Age: 30

Posts: 87
Join Date: March 19th 2009

Re: HPV?? - March 30th 2009, 02:32 AM

According to cancer.about.com:

The strains of HPV that are known to cause cervical cancer do not produce any symptoms. These types of HPV are detected through Pap smears in women. Unfortunately, there is no medical test available for men.
When HPV Does Produce Symptoms: Not all strains of HPV cause cancer. Other strains of HPV can produce genital warts, which are cauliflower-like growths that occur on and around the vagina, penis, and anus.

I'm not sure what it could be but just get it checked out.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper
monstermanx's Avatar
Name: Brendan
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 294
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: February 23rd 2009

Re: HPV?? - March 31st 2009, 12:54 PM

Regardless when you have problems in those areas, it is crucial to get to a doctor as soon as possible. Don't wait for someone here to reply with a post that you think is correct, because no one here can say "That's that for sure!" unless they actually see it, and I don't recommend putting your VaJJ all over the internet tonight. So, call up your doctor, tell he/she that it's really urgent and important and get him/her to look at it... If it's a male doctor, or a female doctor for that matter and your not comforatable with the doctor exploring your VaJJ and surrounding area, ask if there is another doctor in the building who could do it instead.

I wish you the best!

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper
soul's Avatar
Name: Mimi
Gender: Female

Posts: 922
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: HPV?? - March 31st 2009, 08:33 PM

This could be HPV (genital warts) or you could have a sebaceous cyst. Symptoms of sebaceous cysts:
The main symptom is usually a small, non-painful lump beneath the skin. However, if it becomes infected, you may have redness, tenderness, or increased temperature of the skin over the area.

Grayish-white, cheesy, foul-smelling material may drain from the cyst.
I would definitely make an appointment with a gynecologist to get this checked out. I would also consider getting the HPV vaccine. Information on it can be found Here. I hope it is nothing serious and you feel better soon. Take care and get well.

Lots of love <3



As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough
BrittneyNicole's Avatar
Name: Brittney
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Maryland

Posts: 2,040
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: HPV?? - April 1st 2009, 12:06 AM

It could be a number of different things. I'd make an appointment with your gynecologist to have it properly looked at and diagnosed. If you are sexually active, I'd hold off until you get looked at and diagnosed. You don't want to have something that could be spread and spread it without knowing.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

  Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2020, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.