TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Curse you, ya' damn gallbladder! - February 18th 2012, 01:57 AM

I'm in so much pain, I can't stand it. I have what I very much think to be gallbaldder attacks, because I looked up the symptoms online and my cousin had gallbladder issues and had it taken out and mine matched all of that! Mild to severe pain, nausea, and sometimes I even throw up bile. It's after I eat anything greasy or fatty.

Well, this is off and on. It's been going on for the last three years. I hate it. Last time it got so bad that I couldn't move. Like...
I woke up in alot of pain, so I tried using the bathroom but it only got worse. And it hurt to lay down, so I was walking around and it hurt so bad and I told my mom. So I felt light headed after a few minutes, and I went into my mom's room for some reason. I felt light headed like I was going to be sick, and I started gagging up bile and it burned my throat, and the pain was wrapping all the way around my torso, and it was the worst under my breast bone. And after throwing up bile, my eye sight started to get blurry and dark blotches were coming over my eyes so I could hardly see, and I felt like I was about to pass out or something. So I layed down on my mom's bed and she came in. I was trying to scream, but I couldn't do that because I was really weak and could hardly even talk. My voice was really airy and shaky, and all I could tell my mom was "I think I'm dying, please call 911" because the pain was so bad I felt like someone was stabbing me. The pain kept on dulling down, and then it would rapidly come back, go down, and come back really really sharp [which this whole thing lasted for about a half hour or 40 minutes, just about]. And then I started puking up bile again, and I was really dizzy still. I couldn't stop gagging, even when nothing was coming up afterwords. So my mom started throwing on some clothes because she was going to take me to the ER, and right when she gets ready
The pain goes away.

So, my mom sets me up an appointment after that...and guess what!? They couldn't find anything wrong with my gallbladder, but they got very concerned and confused because it sounded so much like gallbladder attacks I was having. It went away for a while and it's starting back up. I just ate 2 peanutbutter cookies and I've got the worst pain right now.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Curse you, ya' damn gallbladder! - February 18th 2012, 11:17 AM

Despite them not finding anything, it does sound like a gallbladder attack. The best thing I can tell you is to start watching what you eat. Diet as if you DID have something wrong. You may not get surgery, but you can help prevent it as much as possible.

Now, by prevention, I mean by helping improve your digestive system. If you have something wrong it won't make it better, but it could help the attacks not be near as bad.

Suggestions on foods to avoid -
Eggs (if you're using a recipe with eggs, substitute with flax seed - can give more info if you ever need it)
Soda
Alcohol
Fruit Juice
Ice cream
Chocolate
Spicy Foods
Fired foods
Coffee
Corn
Dairy
Gluten

Anyways, so what can you eat?
Sweet potatoes
Green Beans
Avocados
Vegetable juice
Apples and pears ARE okay, but don't go overboard with them.
Garlic and I think onion, are great as well but it has to be fresh and not powder.
Lemons are good too, or putting lemon in your water and drinking it.

Hope this gives you a bit of an idea. Hopefully it gets better or the doctors find a diagnosis.

Are they still searching for other possible causes?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Re: Curse you, ya' damn gallbladder! - February 18th 2012, 11:54 PM

Most of those no no's I don't eat anyways or I'll eat once in a blue moon. But sometimes even after eating things such as grilled chicken will send me into so much pain.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disappearing Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Curse you, ya' damn gallbladder! - February 19th 2012, 06:25 AM

Hey.
Been there, done that. A lot of different foods can give you a gallbladder attack. According to one of my doctors, even having too many leafy green veggies can cause it. I would say that if you really think that is what it is, get another opinion. Sometimes doctors miss things. That happened to me and it took an extra four months before I was told I had gallstones. I ended up having surgery and healing quickly. Hopefully they can help you out too. I would watch what you eat.. Maybe even record what you eat, so if it happens again, the doctors have a clue if it's something you ate that triggered it. Hope this helps, and good luck!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Re: Curse you, ya' damn gallbladder! - February 19th 2012, 12:35 PM

Hello there,

As Butterfly and Kelly have said certain food triggers gallbladder attacks. It took the doctors 3 months and several hospital admissions in order to diagnose gallstones in me. As a result of this I ended up having mine removed. Keep trying with your doctor and be patient. Which, I know is hard when you're in pain. But you'll get there
Lottie x

Closed Thread