TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Jamie

The cold that just won't go away, or something else? - February 22nd 2012, 03:33 PM

Hey,

I've been having cold symptoms (slight headache, sore/scratchy throat with a "swollen" feeling in my neck, runny nose, postnasal drip, general blah feeling) on and off for about two months now. It seems like some days I feel absolutely fine, other days I'm fine in the morning and feel awful in the evening, and the rest of time I'm pretty evenly uncomfortable from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep.

I went to see my doctor about it, and she put me on antibiotics. That was about six days ago, and I haven't seen any improvement. She didn't think I had mono after examining me, but that's the only long-term illness I could think of that even sounds a little like what's going on with me.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be stress-induced or something?

I have Crohn's disease (which unfortunately means the only OTC pain med I can take is acetaminophen/paracetamol), but it's currently in remission. I also suffer from allergies, but my helpful allergy medication doesn't soothe my symptoms very well when I take it.

Thank you so much for any advice.

I've never been afraid of the highest heights or afraid of flying high.
I've never been afraid of the wildest fights, not afraid of dying.

I guarantee you'll miss me, 'cause you changed the way you kiss me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: The cold that just won't go away, or something else? - February 22nd 2012, 03:49 PM

Do you take medication for Crohn's? A lot of Crohn's medication (at least all the ones I've been on) can cause cold/flu symptoms.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BulletHoles Offline
BulletHoles
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia

Re: The cold that just won't go away, or something else? - March 2nd 2012, 05:38 PM

I would advise your doctor on the length of time you've had the cold and that there hasn't been improvement. But you may have just to wait for results. Defiantly get a lot of rest and get a lot of vitamin C and D.
  Send a message via Skype™ to BulletHoles 
Closed Thread