TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WhySoSerious? Offline
Mute Poet
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Could something actually be wrong? - January 10th 2009, 11:44 PM

I'm a severe hypochondriac. And as a result, no one really listens to me when I think something is wrong, they say it's all in my head or that I'm probably just tired. I have actually made myself sick before just by being completely convinced that I was sick. But I'm finally starting to think that, hypochondria aside, something might actually be wrong?

For a long time now, (3 or 4 years) I've been suffering from really bad fatigue, with on and off spells of insomnia (I'm tired even without the insomnia though) and for nearly as long, I've been suffering from headaches and frequent sharp pains that just shoot through my skull and are gone. 3 years ago after about a month of running around to the clinic and then finally getting a doctor to give me a blood test, I learned that I had anemia, however, I've been tested for that and other things such as an insufficient amount of electrolytes and other vitamins/minerals, and the results always say that everything is normal.

I'm still convinced that something is wrong, because they haven't tested me for anything more serious than Mono. But I'm wondering if I should actually keep perusing this or not? It takes up a lot of my time and no one really takes it seriously, but I'm worried if I just let it go and something is wrong that it will only get worse and worse. I'm just not sure anymore...

~Where death is I am not, where I am death is not, so we never meet~

I'd rather die terrified

than live forever.
We will all die so gloriously, that having ever lived will seem like folly.
-Asofterworld

Send a message via MSN to WhySoSerious?  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
*Kurai-Miko*
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Holly

Re: Could something actually be wrong? - January 10th 2009, 11:54 PM

It definitely sounds like anemia. Have you checked your iron levels recently? Are you on any iron supplements?

On another note, headaches can be caused by stress, lack of sleep or dehydration (those are the top things that come to mind).

I'm not a doctor, so I can't really say yes there is something wrong with you or no there isn't. For many years I thought there was something wrong with me because I had constant headaches and stomach pains and went through numerous tests and what have you ... however it turns out that I was stressing myself out so much that it was simply my body's way of telling me to relax a little.
  Send a message via MSN to Forgotten--Simplicity  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: Could something actually be wrong? - January 11th 2009, 10:59 AM

If you think somethings up, its important to go to the doctors. There there to help. Just keep pressurising xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Could something actually be wrong? - January 11th 2009, 12:07 PM

Hi Vicki! I'm in sort of the same position, i always feel fatigued, and i get constant headaches too - the slighest thing can set them off and then..once they're there, it takes DAYS for it to die down

I've had sooo many tests and what have you, but the doctors where I live always fob me off - i go for a blood test and then i don't hear anything for AGES and then finally when i go for a doctor appointment, i ask about the results and she just says 'oh negative'.
Talk about not even caring!
A few years ago i went for brain scans and some therapy sessions, to mainly work out why i was getting headaches. Don't ask what therapy had to do with it, my parents thought i was lying about my headaches and so wanted me to talk things through with some patronising bitch!

A few years on...still no reason as to why i get headaches a lot, they're not AS bad as they used to be, but that's because they've been replaced with more symptoms like nausea, fatigue, dizziness, general feeling of weakness etc! So i went and asked for some iron pills from my doctor and she reluctantly put me on some buuuuut the effects weren't really noticable so my guess is it's not anemia anymore as i think my diet is quite varied and so i do take in iron a lot.

I'm just as puzzled as you are! But definitely keep persisting that the doctor tries different remedies for you, maybe you have chronic fatigue syndrome or something? It's worrying - thinking about what you may or may not have but you'll never know until all the tests are done so keep insisting!

<3 PM me if you want to talk :]

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Re: Could something actually be wrong? - January 11th 2009, 03:04 PM

It sounds to me like anemia. Don't worry, its probably nothing more serious than that, if you really are worried visit your doctor and explain to them what you just explained to us. You could also just have a look at this site:
http://symptoms.webmd.com/default.htm

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

Closed Thread