TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JDBabe014 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Andrea

HELP!!! - March 18th 2012, 06:51 PM

I need a quick, easy, and safe way to lose about [EDIT] pounds in 3 weeks for prom.... I have to wear my sisters prom dress ans she was a little bit flatter in the stomach region so I need help to flatten my stomach out by April 14th.

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; March 30th 2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Weight numbers are not allowed on TeenHelp
  Send a message via AIM to JDBabe014 Send a message via MSN to JDBabe014 Send a message via Yahoo to JDBabe014  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: HELP!!! - March 18th 2012, 09:47 PM

Balanced diet and exercise is the best and safest way. Stay away from things that aren't real healthy for you like candy, etc.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: HELP!!! - March 21st 2012, 06:21 PM

To be truthful, there is no healthy and quick way to lose weight.

I think you should focus on toning your stomach muscles rather than focus on losing weight. One of the best ways to do this is to do sit ups as often as you can and as much as you can without straining too much. Being so sore you can't move the next day is no fun. I would start with 25-30 a day. Each couple of days bump it up by 5.

You can also ride your bicycle or use one of the bicycle machines. These work your stomach, thighs, and calves. Some bicycles also work your arms.

Eat healthily too. Eat fruits and vegetables for a snack. Don't eat so much where you feel bloated and don't want to move. But be sure to eat enough where you aren't hungry. The best way to do this, is to take about 2 dinner spoonfuls of food rather than filling up your plate. Eat what you put on there. Take a couple minutes to decide if you want more. Grab only one more spoonful.

Also, don't eat in front of the tv, while talking about something important, on the phone, or at the computer. Focus only on the dinner table. We tend to distract ourselves while we eat and end up overeating because we are not paying attention to our stomach. :P

As for drinks, Crystal light is great, water, sugar-free lemonade, etc. So basically add flavor to your water or just drink water. Stay away from dairy as much as possible, though 1/2 cup or 1 cup a day is fine. This includes cheese, ice cream, milk, cream cheese, chocolate, etc.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
HelpLINK Mentor

Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: HELP!!! - March 28th 2012, 11:01 PM

There is no easy or fast way of losing weight. What you need is a healthy, balanced diet, with no junk food and an adequate amount of exercise, maybe exercising 3 to 5 times a week.

"I think I now understand what my dad meant when he told me to be stronger, like you, Link. He wasn't talking about strength, like lifting stuff. He was talking about being brave"~Colin, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

"Shadow and Light are two sides of the same coin...One cannot exist without the other"~Princess Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

|Member Since 1/15/2012|HelpLINK Mentor Since 6/22/2012|Videos Team since 7/27/2012|Technology and Gaming Forum Moderator since 12/1/2012|Eating Disorders Forum Moderator since 9/12/2014|Social Networking Team since 12/27/2012|Live Help Operator since 2/24/14

Closed Thread