TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xo_sophiie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Loosing weight help? :( - April 7th 2012, 06:52 PM

I want to loose weight, i tried to put on my size [EDIT] shorts that i last wore in Dec (i went to abu dhabi so was hoooot!) and they don't fit me now! i need to get rid of my belly and love handles.

any-one got any tips? like sit ups etc how many and how long it will all take roughly? : )

I work in burgerking and a takeaway so cutting out crap food is a must !

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; April 8th 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Clothing sizes, caloric numbers, and weight numbers are not allowed on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Loosing weight help? :( - April 7th 2012, 07:39 PM

You pretty much said it - cut out the junk food! All the excess fat is prone to going to areas like the belly, so it's vital to eat healthily. This thread may help with a healthy diet
Another thing which would help is to exercise more. There's a huge debate as to whether or not exercises like sit-ups help target specific areas. I personally don't think that doing this will help burn fat on your stomach. Your best bet is general cardio like running or dancing - it'll speed up your metabolism and help burn fat
As for how long it'll take, that all depends on how much exercise you do and how often. Just a 30 minute jog 3 times a week could have good results.
This is a useful site with different calculators to help work out how long it'll take you to use the weight (warning: could be triggering to some users, contains references to calories.)

Hope you fit into those shorts soon

Last edited by blumemusik♫; April 7th 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Closed Thread