TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
youatemypeanut Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angela

Urgent - April 15th 2012, 03:25 AM

Just a quick question and background info for ya:
I have bulimia and I'm 18 years old. I purge at least 3 times a day, if not more. I need help, I know this.
I don't digest much if ANY food at all.
NOW the question, my urine was a very very dark green, And I have no idea why and I'm really worried right now as a result, what could be causing this?
Should I go to the hospital? I don't know if it has to do with the bulimia or not but I'm really worried right now can anyone give some suggestions?
I know I shouldn't be posting this, but I just really wanna have some ideas before i freak out and go to the hospital...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Urgent - April 15th 2012, 09:54 PM

I know that urine is a very very dark yellow it means you are dehydrated I am not sure what green urine means though so it would be a really good idea to see your GP and have urine test done or to go to the hospital and have a urine test done.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jas Offline
aka Xamed
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Urgent - April 15th 2012, 10:20 PM

My (uneducated, and only based on relevant history) guess is that you're extremely dehydrated. Guessing because you said you know you "need" help that you haven't had a dr look you over since the onset of your eating disorder - get this done NOW. You're 18 - in most countries this means you're past the point where they can share any information with your parents legally, if you're worried about that. So get a doctor to look you over and do a full blood and urine panel done, and insurance permitted, get your bloodwork done regularly for as long as you're symptomatic. And you know, when you're ready get proper treatment yada yada yada - I'm not going to go there because it's never useful to forcefeed that kind of suggestion when someone doesn't want to hear it. But medical monitoring will be useful to keep you alive long enough for you to get to the point where you can take action, and please don't take it lightly - I've seen people with less symptoms than you have life threatening complications.

As far as green urine, I don't recall (and a basic google search seems to support this) anything that would make it an emergency... the fact that it's very dark makes me think it's dehydration related (and I know all too well how dehydrated purging can make you without you even noticing) but that's just a guess. So I'd say: Make a dr appt, and if you notice any other symptoms in the meantime get yourself to an ER.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Urgent - April 15th 2012, 10:44 PM

No, no, no....

Go to a doctor immediately. Green=liver problems, very serious. You MUST seek immediate medical attention, it's past due anyways.

Go!

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Urgent - April 16th 2012, 09:22 PM

I agree this is definitely nothing to mess around with. Go to a doctor as soon as you can. Green urine can be an indication of a severe illness or infection. Though it can also just be from dyes in food or drinks or caused by some medications. But with your history, I would not chance it.

As someone else said, make a doctor's appointment now. If you develop anymore symptoms, get to an ER or Med-Check (emergency clinic).

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Urgent - April 16th 2012, 09:30 PM

Hi there

Green urine can just be something from the food you have eaten. It could also be dehydration as well as an illness such as Familial hypercalcemia which is genetic (I think). Or if you have a urinary tract infection, it can be caused by a bacteria. It could also be bile problems. I suggest you book an appointment with your doctor.

If you start having other symptoms such as a high temperature, yellow skin, white in the eyes or bad pains, I'd get yourself to A&E/ER.

Also, it might be really really good for you to talk to someone about your bulimia. I know that's hard, but you deserve help and you can have the support to get you through this. We're always here.

Look after yourself,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Last edited by Palmolive; April 17th 2012 at 12:32 AM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Tyr. Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Urgent - April 16th 2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bobby View Post
No, no, no....

Go to a doctor immediately. Green=liver problems, very serious. You MUST seek immediate medical attention, it's past due anyways.

Go!
This.

Dehydration progresses from clear to yellow to frothy brown. There is no "green". You need to see a Doctor ASAP.

- Tyr

Closed Thread